Pak Army kills 15 Taliban militants in Orakzai AgencyAugust 1st, 2010 - 7:10 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Aug 1(ANI): At least 15 militants were killed and several others wounded during the Pakistan security forces’ offensive in the Orakzai Agency of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
Pakistani fighter jets pounded militants’ hideouts in Ghandki and Mullapati areas in upper Orakzai destroying four hideouts, The Dawn reports.
It worth mentioning here that earlier the Pakistan Army had declared that the offensive in the region had been successful with militants rooted out of the area.
However, clashes with extremists have continued unabated raising doubts over the army’s claims.
Even the local residents and officials have said that more than half of the region is still under the Taliban’s control.
Locals said that the battle is far from over, as extremists are still holding a large part of the agency.
“The military has cleared only Lower Orakzai, while the situation in upper and central Orakzai has not changed much, as the army is yet to evict the Taliban from these areas. The battle is far from over,” local residents of Lower Orakzai said.
“In Upper Orakzai, security forces took control of Daburi, while Mamozai, Ghaljo and Shahoo areas are still in Taliban control,” they added.
Local officials also said Uzbek and other terrorists belonging to the “Lal Masjid group” and the Taliban from Swat, Bajaur and Waziristan were putting up stiff resistance in Upper Orakzai. (ANI)
- Pak Army kills 16 Taliban militants in Orakzai Agency - Jul 23, 2010
- Pak Army kills 39 more Taliban in Orakzai Agency - Jun 24, 2010
- 44 Taliban insurgents killed as Pak forces continue offensive in Upper Orakzai - Jun 07, 2010
- Locals, officials rebuff Pak Army's claims of successful conclusion to Orakzai offensive - Jun 03, 2010
- Pakistani fighter jets pound FATA, 12 Taliban killed - Jul 05, 2010
- Pakistani forces destroy hideout, kill militants - May 06, 2012
- 100 Taliban insurgents killed in Orakzai offensive : Pak Army - Jul 14, 2010
- 10 Taliban extremists killed as Pak jets pounds Orakzai - Jun 13, 2010
- 33 insurgents killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- Five suspected militants killed in Pakistan - Jan 06, 2012
- 10 Taliban insurgents killed as Pak jets bombard Orakzai - Jun 15, 2010
- Three top Taliban commanders among 70 militants killed in FATA airstrikes - May 24, 2010
- 15 militants killed in Pakistan airstrikes - Jun 30, 2010
- 13 die in drone strike in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Pak fighter jets pound FATA, 15 extremists killed - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: bajaur, clashes, dawn, doubts, extremists, fighter jets, hideouts, lal masjid, locals, militants, pak army, pakistan army, security forces, shahoo, stiff resistance, swat, taliban, terrorists, tribal areas