Pak Army determined to root out terrorism: KayaniApril 24th, 2009 - 9:39 pm ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, Apr 24 (ANI): Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, on Friday said the Army is determined to root out the menace of terrorism from the region.
General Kayani further said the Army would fully support the civilian government in its fight against militancy.
“The Army will not allow the militants to dictate terms to the government or impose their way of life on the civil society of Pakistan,” the Dawn quoted Kayani as saying at the General Headquarters here.
General Kayani said “operation pause” was meant to give reconciliatory forces a chance and it ‘must’ not be seen as a concession to militants.
He also condemned the pronouncement by ‘outside powers’ raising doubts on future of Pakistan.
“A country of 170 million people under a democratic dispensation strongly supported by the army is capable of handling any crisis,” General Kayani said. (ANI)
- Pak Army committed to thwart militancy from the country: Kayani - Apr 24, 2009
- Pakistan's top army officers discuss security situation - Jul 13, 2011
- Pakistan on cusp of a defining moment: Daily - Dec 24, 2011
- WikiLeaks: Kayani wanted more US drone support - May 20, 2011
- CENTCOM chief discusses US-Pak military cooperation with Wynne - Apr 08, 2011
- ISPR rejects 'Kayani-Manmohan secret contacts' report as "totally baseless" - Apr 26, 2011
- Kayani warns US against anti-Pakistan offensive - Oct 19, 2011
- Pakistan army chief, spy master will stay on: Gilani - Dec 27, 2011
- Pakistan's role in war on terror should not be doubted: Kayani - May 05, 2011
- Pakistan's 'honour' not to be bartered for 'prosperity': Kayani - May 01, 2011
- Petraeus discusses 'ways to improve regional security' with Kayani - Apr 26, 2011
- Kayani tells Mullen US drone attacks undermining war on terror - Apr 21, 2011
- Pakistan rethinks Afghan border security strategy - Dec 02, 2011
- Militancy greatest threat to Pakistan's security: daily - Apr 25, 2011
- New Pakistani Kashmir president meets Kayani - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: army staff, ashfaq, chief of army, civilian government, concession, dawn, dispensation, doubts, general headquarters, kayani, militants, pak army, pakistan, parvez, pronouncement, terrorism, way of life