Pak Army claims killing 60 more Taliban in MalakandJune 13th, 2009 - 12:25 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, June 13 (ANI): The Pakistan Army has reportedly killed 60 more Taliban insurgents in the past 24 hours, during its whirlwind offensive in Malakand and other different regions of the Swat Valley.
“39 terrorists were killed in various areas of Malakand. At the same time, 10 soldiers embraced shahadat and 24 were injured,” a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.
Private television channels reported that 18 more Taliban fighters were killed during intense shelling carried out by the troop against the militants’ hideouts in Sarabangal region.
Another three Taliban were killed when security forces attacked hideouts in the mountain regions of Charmang valley in Bajaur Agency, The Daily Times reported.
Security forces have also found a mass Taliban burial site in the Shalhosar area of Peochar, about which more details were awaited.
“Details could not be ascertained due to unhygienic condition and bad smell,” the ISPR stated.
Meanwhile, at least 12 Taliban were killed in clashes with security forces in Safi tehsil of Mohmand Agency on Friday.
According to the sources, militants attacked a military convoy while it was headed towards Sheikh Baba near the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.
The security forces retaliated and targeted Taliban hideouts with helicopter gunships, and carried out heavy shelling in which 12 Taliban were killed. (ANI)
- Pak security forces kill 28 terrorists in Mohmand tribal region - Jan 29, 2011
- 33 insurgents killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- 50 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 08, 2011
- 34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- 11 more militants killed in Swat, 28 arrested - Jul 27, 2009
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- 21 more Taliban fighters killed in Swat, Lower Dir: ISPR - Jul 25, 2009
- Helicopter gunship attacks kill six militants in Pak's Kurram region - Mar 06, 2011
- 15 security personnel killed in militant attack on check post in northwest Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- 25 more Taliban killed across FATA as Pak forces continue offensive - Jun 21, 2010
- 24 militants killed in Pakistan's northwest - Apr 04, 2010
- Pak military continues to pound Taliban hideouts, 15 militants killed in Bajaur - Jun 20, 2009
- At least 20 suspected militants killed in Pak tribal region - Dec 30, 2010
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Ten militants killed, five injured in military strikes in Pak's Orakzai region - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: bad smell, burial site, clashes, different regions, helicopter gunships, hideouts, inter services, islamabad, malakand, military convoy, mountain regions, pak army, pakistan army, private television, security forces, shahadat, swat valley, taliban fighters, tehsil, television channels