PAF’s Karachi base, NATO containers under severe terror threat, warns Pak intelligenceNovember 7th, 2009 - 1:49 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Nov.7 (ANI): Pakistan Intelligence agencies have issued warnings regarding a probable terror attack on the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) base in Karachi.
According to a communiqué issued by the Intelligence agencies, the terrorists are planning to target PAF’s base in Masroor as well as the NATO containers parked nearby the base.
“It has reliably been learnt that a week earlier - suspicious individuals - young bearded men - boarding two grey Land Cruisers were noticed near the damaged Shershah bridge close to the Shell Petrol Pump, Hub River Road. The individuals were spotted watching the damaged wall of PAF Base Masroor. It appeared that the suspected terrorists were carrying out reconnaissance of the area,” The Nation quoted the statement, as saying.
The communiqué also warned the agencies that no proper security arrangements have been taken to safeguard the strategically important installation.
“Eastern side of PAF Base Masroor is completely unattended, covered with scattered seasonal bushes and the lower portion of the boundary wall is open,” it said.
It added that in the wake of the current situation, where the extremists have particularly targeted security installations, the threat to the PAF base and NATO supply parking should not be taken lightly and every step must be taken to safeguard these establishments. (ANI)
- Pakistan air base put on high alert after terror tip-off - Jun 02, 2011
- Karachi attack: Navy blames air force for poor security - May 30, 2011
- Qaeda to target UK-bound flights with undetectable chemical explosives from Pakistan - Apr 23, 2011
- PM reviews security situation, discusses AfPak - Jun 08, 2011
- NATO spends $1.7 bn on surveillance system - May 21, 2012
- Youngsters with explosive-laden school bags set for suicide strikes across Pak Punjab - Apr 08, 2010
- Is Pakistan heading towards global isolation, wonders daily - Dec 13, 2011
- Lashkar-e-Jhangvi splitting into eight cells - Nov 18, 2010
- Iran criticises IAEA for leaking its scientists' identity - Nov 19, 2011
- Google's eye in sky could catch you with pants down - Jun 11, 2012
- Pakistani journalist in ISI custody: Rights body - May 31, 2011
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Taliban attacks US Embassy in Kabul - Sep 13, 2011
- Don't malign us: ISI on journalist's killing - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: base nato, bearded men, boundary wall, bushes, establishments, extremists, grey land, karachi, land cruisers, masroor, paf base, pakistan air force, pakistan intelligence agencies, proper security, reconnaissance, security arrangements, security installations, suspicious individuals, terror attack, terror threat