PAF not to scale down high alert till threat perception goes downDecember 25th, 2008 - 3:00 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec. 25 (ANI): Even as the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) sustained its state of high alert, there were reports of the fighter jets continuing aerial surveillance over the Chashma nuclear power plant and other sensitive sites.
Pakistan had put its airbases on high alert over fears of Indian surgical strikes following the Mumbai terror attacks.
According to the Daily Times quoting a NNI source, the Lahore, Sargodha and Chaklala airbases were put on high alert on Monday to get ready for a war-like situation.
Some news reports also indicated that blackout exercises in Mianwali over the next few days.
According to the papers sources, PAF is prepared to deal with any aggression from India.
Currently, there is no chance of a decrease in the vigilance level, but it will be reduced to normal once the threat perception goes down, sources said.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Navy chief Admiral Nauman Bashir has also said that the navy was ready to deal with any kind of aggression from the enemy. (ANI)
- Panic in Islamabad, Lahore over low flying fighter - Dec 23, 2008
- US drones continue to hover over North Waziristan - Mar 20, 2011
- Pakistan air base put on high alert after terror tip-off - Jun 02, 2011
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistan Navy committed to global peace: Gilani - Oct 07, 2011
- Pakistan navy and air force put on high alert - Dec 10, 2008
- Pakistan Air Force ready to tackle any aggression against nation: Qamar Suleman - Apr 28, 2011
- Pakistan gets frigate built with Chinese aid - Jun 21, 2011
- Two die in Pakistan power outage protest - Jul 05, 2011
- Pakistan receives three US F-16 aircraft - Oct 30, 2010
- Is Pakistan heading towards global isolation, wonders daily - Dec 13, 2011
- Eight die in terror attack on Pakistani airbase (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Freed militant commander wanted to target Pak nukes - Dec 30, 2010
- Pak Navy successfully test-fires surface-to-air missiles - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,