PAF inducts three F-16s received from US in its fleetJune 27th, 2010 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, June 27 (ANI): The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Sunday formally inducted the first three of the 18 F-16 C/D Block 52 fighter jets bought from the US into its fleet at the Jacobabad air base.
PAF Chief Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, US ambassador in Pakistan Anne Patterson and United States Air Force Chief of Staff Gen Norton Schwartz were present during the induction ceremony.
Speaking during the occasion, Air Chief Marshal Suleman said that the advanced jets would greatly enhance PAF’s capability and prove to be of great help in anti-terror operations.
“Induction of these jets will mark beginning of new chapter in the PAF’s technology; also, they will go a long way in Pakistan’s defence from internal and external challenges,” The News quoted Suleman, as saying.
The F-16 C/D Block 52 aircraft is a high tech fighter aircraft equipped with sophisticated state-of-the-art avionics suite, latest weapons with Night Precision Attack capability.
The remaining aircrafts would be delivered to Pakistan by the end of this year.
The delivery of the fighter jets is being made under a 1.4 billion dollar deal between Islamabad and Washington. Pakistan is also paying an additional 1.3 billion dollars for the upgradation of its existing F-16 fleet. (ANI)
- No restriction on Pak over use of F-16s : PAF chief - Jun 28, 2010
- Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US today - Nov 20, 2010
- Pak gets second batch of three F-16 jets from US - Oct 31, 2010
- Pakistan gets new fighter planes from US - Feb 07, 2012
- Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US on Dec 13 - Dec 11, 2010
- Pakistan receives three US F-16 aircraft - Oct 30, 2010
- Pak gets last batch of 5 F-16s from US - Dec 14, 2010
- First of 18 F-16D combat aircraft for Pakistan rolls out - Oct 14, 2009
- Pakistan gets six more F-16 aircraft - Nov 20, 2010
- Kayani lauds Pak Air Force role in counterterrorism operations - Mar 11, 2011
- F-16s won't be used for aggression against any country: Zardari - Jul 02, 2010
- Pakistan to induct three F-16 fighter planes - Jun 26, 2010
- Pakistan Air Force gets new chief - Mar 19, 2012
- Pakistan gets upgraded F-16s from Turkey - Feb 25, 2012
- Pak to get 8 F-16's by June 2010 : PAF chief - Jan 03, 2010
Tags: air chief marshal, air force chief, air force chief of staff, aircrafts, anne patterson, billion dollars, d block, dollar deal, external challenges, fighter aircraft, fighter jets, induction ceremony, new chapter, paf, pakistan air force, qamar, sophisticated state, suleman, united states air force, upgradation