Over Rs.2 mn looted from Karachi bankOctober 21st, 2011 - 8:01 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 21 (IANS) Five armed robbers decamped with more than two million rupees from a private bank in Pakistan’s Karachi city, a media report said.
The Daily Times report Thursday did not mention the bank’s name but said one of the branch next to the Rashid Minhas road was targeted around 12.30 p.m. Wednesday.
Witnesses said the robbers, wearing Shalwar Kameez, barged into the bank and looted the cash from the counter and the strong room. They also took away a security guard’s rifle while fleeing.
Police have launched a search to nab the culprits.
- Rs.9 mn looted from Karachi bank - Apr 15, 2011
- Masked robbers loot over Rs.5 lakh in Kashmir - Aug 17, 2011
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Robbers decamp with Rs.8 lakh in daring bank heist - Apr 11, 2011
- Dacoits loot Karachi bank of Rs.9.6 mn - Aug 10, 2011
- Pakistan bank looted in barely 55 seconds - May 12, 2011
- Rs.7 lakh looted from bank in Jharkhand - Jun 14, 2012
- Rs 2.17 lakh looted from SBI branch in Dhanbad - Oct 12, 2010
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Finance company office looted - May 10, 2011
- Maharashtra bank robbed of Rs.1.4 million - Jun 08, 2010
- Armed men rob Rs.7.4 lakh in Gurgaon - May 02, 2011
- Rs.1.4 million looted from a bank in Chennai - Feb 20, 2012
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011