Over 60 kg drugs seized in PakistanJuly 22nd, 2012 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 22 (IANS) Pakistani security forces have seized around 60 kg of narcotics in two operations, one along the border with India, a media report said Sunday.
Pakistan Rangers seized 51 kg of heroin in a village near Kasur city Saturday, Geo News said.
Kasur is located near the border between India and Pakistan, a tourist attraction because of the daily flag lowering ceremony.
In the second seizure, Pakistan Coast Guard found 1,150 capsules of heroin from a Phore checkpost in Balochistan. It was in a passenger coach going from Karachi to Gwadar port city.
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- 10 tonnes of hashish seized in Karachi - Nov 16, 2011
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- 27 kg heroin seized near India-Pakistan border - Oct 06, 2011
- Blasts near Pakistan checkpost - Aug 10, 2011
- Sukhbir Badal asks centre to check drug smuggling - Sep 03, 2012
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Four killed in Pakistan bomb blast (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Pakistan seeks to buy power from Iran - Jun 13, 2011
- India frees 14 Pakistani prisoners (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- Pakistan frees 55 Indian fishermen - Aug 15, 2012
- 125 kg heroin seized in Karachi - May 11, 2012
- 12 injured in Pakistan varsity clash - Feb 27, 2012
- BSF-Pakistan Rangers meeting starts in Punjab - Mar 28, 2010
Tags: balochistan, coast guard, drugs, geo news, gwadar port, heroin, india and pakistan, karachi, kasur, kg, narcotics, pakistan islamabad, pakistan rangers, passenger coach, security forces, seizure, tourist attraction