Over 5,000 dacoits held in Karachi in 2012July 22nd, 2012 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, July 22 (IANS) At least 5,132 suspected dacoits have been arrested in this Pakistani port city in the first six months of this year, police said.
Police have busted a total of 483 gangs of dacoits, the Daily Times reported Sunday.
Police said that from Jan 1 to July 19, there have been 631 gun-battles, and at least 54 dacoits were killed.
A huge cache of weapons — 49 machine guns, five shotguns, 65 rifles, 3,541 pistols, 85 revolvers, seven carbines, 171 hand grenades, 61 mortars, 129 daggers and 960 mobile phones were seized during the past six months.
- Anti-tank rifle seized from Russian man's home - Aug 03, 2012
- Man on trial for planning terror attacks on World Cup stadiums - Jun 13, 2012
- Guerrilla module busted in Srinagar - Aug 22, 2012
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir - Jul 14, 2012
- Police arrest six Maoists in Gaya - Dec 26, 2010
- Governor among 18 killed in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Where AK 47s, INSAS rifles are worshipped on Durga Puja - Oct 04, 2011
- WB Police seize arms and ammunitions from CPI-M leaders - Feb 13, 2011
- Huge arms cache unearthed in Jammu's Reasi - Jul 20, 2012
- ULFA bombers killed in Assam gunfight - Aug 16, 2010
- Huge explosives haul recovered in Maoist hub - Nov 14, 2011
- Four Maoists arrested with arms and explosives in Jharkhand - Jan 30, 2011
- Militant outfit busted in Kupwara - May 17, 2010
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - Apr 19, 2010
- 70 per cent increase in proclaimed offenders, court absconders in Pak Punjab during 2010 - Jan 17, 2011