Osama dumped 320 km off Indian coastMay 4th, 2012 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 4 (IANS) A US treasure hunter claims to have found the exact spot where Al Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden’s body was dumped — about 320 km off the Indian coast of Gujarat.
Bill Warren, 60, claims to have identified the place in the Arabian Sea where the body was dumped by US forces after killing him at his hideout in Abbottabad in Pakistan a year ago.
He said Osama’s body was flung into the water about 200 miles (320 km) west of Surat in Gujarat.
He said he could pinpoint the location after studying satellite images given to him by a source at the Pentagon, the Daily Mail reported Friday.
Warren claims Osama’s corpse has not moved from its position on the ocean floor as the US Navy weighed down the body when they gave him an ocean burial hours after his death.
Warren is aiming to start his mission in June to recover the body.
Osama was killed May 2 last year and was dumped from USS Carl Vinson in the North Arabian sea following DNA tests. Warren remains unconvinced and wants to conduct the DNA tests himself.
- Osama bin Laden's body fed to fishes - May 03, 2011
- Memo documents Obama's order to get Osama - Apr 27, 2012
- Osama was unarmed, says White House - May 04, 2011
- Was Osama not buried but body flown to US for cremation? - Mar 07, 2012
- Conspiracy theories surround Osama Bin Laden's death - May 03, 2011
- Bin Laden died before US raid: Iranian intelligence minister - May 10, 2011
- Osama was unarmed but killed as he resisted, says US (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- US diver launches underwater search for Osama's body - Jun 13, 2011
- White House backtracks, admits Osama was 'unarmed' when killed by US troops - May 04, 2011
- US commando clicked dead Osama's picture - May 03, 2011
- Osama's sea burial was already decided upon - May 03, 2011
- Osama bin Laden's body buried at sea: US official - May 02, 2011
- Apologise for security lapse on Osama: MQM chief - May 04, 2011
- Osama's son threatens to sue US - May 11, 2011
- US says it showed "far greater" respect to Osama's body than he showed to 9/11 victims - May 05, 2011
Tags: abbottabad, al qaeda, arabian sea, corpse, daily mail, dna tests, exact spot, gujarat, hideout, ocean burial, ocean floor, osama bin laden, pakistan, pentagon, qaeda leader, satellite images, surat, treasure hunter, us navy, uss carl vinson