Orakzai Taliban claims responsibility for recent Pak suicide attacksJune 15th, 2009 - 2:32 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, June 15 (ANI): The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan’s (TTP) Orakzai Agency chapter has claimed responsibility for the series of suicide attacks that have rocked the country in the recent past.
Taking responsibility for the attacks, including the devastating strike on Peshawar’s Pearl Continental Hotel, the Orakzai TTP chief Maulana Saeed Khan said foreigners were the prime target.
It may be noted that a little heard of terrorist organization, Abdullah Azzam Shaheed Brigade, which claimed to be associated with Al-Qaeda, and the Baitullah Mehsud led Taliban, had also taken responsibility for the Peshawar blast in which 17 persons were killed, including foreigners and UN officials.
Khan also claimed responsibility for Friday’s suicide attack on two mosques in Lahore and Nowshera.
He said his men had assassinated Dr. Sarfaraz Naeemi, counrty’s top religious scholar.
When asked about the claims of other militant groups, Khan said he was unaware about such organizations and their claims, The Daily Times reports. (ANI)
- Pak Taliban claims responsibility for Lahore, Nowshera mosques attack - Jun 13, 2009
- Hakimullah Mehsud dead, say Taliban sources - Feb 09, 2010
- Canada blacklists Pakistan Taliban - Jul 06, 2011
- Pakistan Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud is alive: ISI - Apr 29, 2010
- Pakistan confirms Hakimullah Mehsud's death - Feb 10, 2010
- Pakistan Taliban kill five soldiers - Oct 15, 2010
- Mehsud booked for Pak religious scholar's murder - Jun 14, 2009
- Family of Indian jailed in Spain to move European court - Mar 29, 2012
- Pakistani Taliban leader forms splinter group - Jun 28, 2011
- Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud's brother killed in Pak - Nov 01, 2010
- Pakistan mosque blast toll reaches 36 - Feb 18, 2012
- TTP planning terror attacks on Muharram processions through IEDs - Dec 15, 2010
- Five dead, 24 injured in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- I am Pakistani Taliban chief, says Maulvi Faqir - Aug 20, 2009
- Pakistani Taliban added to US terror list - Sep 02, 2010
Tags: al qaeda, baitullah mehsud, foreigners, lahore, militant groups, mosques, pakistan, pearl continental hotel, peshawar blast, prime target, religious scholar, saeed khan, sarfaraz, suicide attack, suicide attacks, taking responsibility, taliban, terrorist organization, ttp