Only 44pc trust government in IndiaJanuary 27th, 2011 - 3:36 pm ICT by ANI
Nevada (US), Jan 27 (ANI): In India only 44 percent trust government, according to the 2011 Edelman Trust Barometer findings.
Seventy percent in India trust business to do what is right, while only 44 trust government to do what is right, this trust and credibility survey points out.
India’s composite scoring came out to be higher than Russia, United Kingdom, USA, Germany, France, Japan, South Korea, and Canada; while lower than Brazil, China, and Mexico. Technology is still the highest trusted industry in India. Half of the people in India trust media to do what is right.
Trust in global companies headquartered in India has increased. Indian-based companies enjoyed a widespread increase in trust, shooting up by 17 points in Brazil, 15 points in Indonesia, and 13 points in each Japan, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates. Trust in US-based multinationals moved up by 16 percent in India.
Distinguished Indo-American statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, congratulated India’s business and companies for increase in trust/credibility.
Zed, who is Chairperson of Indo-American Leadership Confederation, further said although India was on track to become a global power, but her new prosperity had remained evasive for many. Despite economic miracle, many Indians still lived in desperate poverty. Inequalities in opportunities blocked poor people from participating in the growth process and they remained trapped in vicious cycle of poverty. It was blight on a country, which prided herself on having joined the league of hottest growth economies.
Rajan Zed urged India to wake up and deal with her monumental poverty crisis at an emergency level. He also appealed to India’s billionaires/millionaires, who had enormously benefitted from India’s economic growth, to pledge some of their wealth to charitable causes aimed at poverty eradication. (ANI)
- Indo-Americans shocked at Sabarimala tragedy - Jan 15, 2011
- Hindu statesman Zed asks India to urgently wake up to her monumental poverty crisis - Jul 14, 2010
- India more corrupt over the last three years - Dec 10, 2010
- Hindus ask for urgent solution to rising world food prices - Apr 15, 2011
- Zed asks fair pay structure for domestic help in India - Apr 30, 2011
- Indo-Americans urge US President & Congress to declare August as "Indo-American Heritage Month" - Sep 13, 2010
- India home to world's 42pc underweight children - Oct 14, 2010
- Mahatma Gandhi statues and busts popular worldwide - Nov 30, 2010
- Zed asks India to make healthcare more accessible - Dec 13, 2010
- Hindus ask for speedy solution to global food prices hike - Jan 07, 2011
- Hindus term "European Year for Combating Poverty" a "total failure" to check Roma apartheid - Jan 02, 2011
- Rajan Zed urges Indo-Americans to be counted in upcoming census - Jan 18, 2010
- Praising Zuckerberg, Zed urges India's billionaires to donate majority wealth - Dec 10, 2010
- Indo-Americans laud India for disallowing mining of "sacred" mountain in Orissa - Aug 25, 2010
- School violence costs India yearly US$7.42 billion - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: american leadership, american statesman, charitable causes, cycle of poverty, desperate poverty, economic miracle, emergency level, global companies, global power, indo american, nevada usa, poverty crisis, poverty eradication, rajan zed, survey points, trust business, trust government, united arab emirates, usa today, vicious cycle of poverty