Online sex shops booming in ChinaJuly 10th, 2010 - 2:02 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 10 (ANI): More and more Chinese are going online to buy sex toys and products these days.
“Many Chinese want to buy sex toys but cringe at the thought of entering sex shops,” Li Yinhe, a sociologist and sexologist with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said.
“Online sex-toy shopping can avoid such problems since consumers don’t have to reveal their real names,” Yinhe added.
Taobao.com, China’s largest online shopping destination has about 4,500 sex shops registered and raked in about 60 million yuan in transactions of adult products in June, reports the China Daily.
“Sex toys, especially blow-up dolls which cost a store 10,000 yuan, can sell for 40,000 yuan,” said Tao Ran, the public relations manager of taobao.com said.
Moreover, customers can find ‘better’ sex toys and products online than they find in stores.
But some still prefer the conventional way.
“I never shop online, especially for something like adult toys, because I don’t think all the products would pass quality control,” said a consumer at a sex shop in Sanlitun, one of Beijing’s busiest areas. (ANI)
- Chinese youth hire dates to please parents - Jan 28, 2012
- Chinese youths hire dates to please parents (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- 'Net bargaining' service booms amid China's fast-growing online-shopping industry - Sep 14, 2010
- China shuts down 829 websites, online stores selling fakes - Jul 15, 2011
- Chinese wary of kids' mats as chemical said to cause cancer - Dec 22, 2010
- China, a major producer of the world's sex toys - Apr 25, 2012
- Chinese making fortunes out of 'e-business' trend - Sep 25, 2010
- Over 87 million Chinese shopping online - Dec 07, 2009
- Concern over overworked online Chinese shopkeeper's death - Jul 27, 2012
- Device that turns PC into porn tv on sale in China - Jan 17, 2011
- China's Amazon causes outrage for selling items made from cat, dog skin - Dec 23, 2010
- Sale of life-like masks booms in China - Jun 27, 2011
- Chinese journalists provide free lunch - Apr 09, 2012
- Costly China-made liquor pushes Chinese to foreign markets - Feb 20, 2011
- WC hero Psychic Paul boosts octopus consumption in Chinese restaurants! - Jul 14, 2010
Tags: 60 million, academy of social sciences, adult products, adult toys, beijing, better sex toys, china daily, chinese academy of social sciences, cringe, daily sex, New Delhi, quality control, real names, sanlitun, sex shop, sex shops, sex toy, sexologist, sociologist, yuan