One killed in NATO tanker attack in Pak’s Balochistan provinceFebruary 3rd, 2011 - 3:11 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta, Feb 3(ANI): In the latest attack on convoys in Pakistan carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan, gunmen attacked two NATO tankers in Balochistan on Thursday, killing one person.
The assailants attacked two NATO tankers on the highway between Chaman and Quetta near the Afghan border, killing a driver and injuring another, The Nation quoted police, as saying.
The attack came just two days after unidentified men opened indiscriminate fire at a NATO oil tanker in Balochistan’s Mastung district, killing two persons.
Earlier, there have been similar attacks on the convoys carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan in Quetta, Naseerabad and Shikarpur areas of Pakistan.
NATO trucks and oil tankers are regularly targeted with arson attacks blamed on insurgents attempting to disrupt the two key supply lines, which cross western Pakistan bound for foreign troops fighting in neighbouring Afghanistan. (ANI)
- One killed in NATO oil tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 01, 2011
- Two NATO supply tankers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 29, 2011
- Two NATO oil tankers torched in Balochistan - Mar 12, 2011
- Two NATO fuel tankers torched in Balochistan - Apr 06, 2011
- Two NATO supply trailers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 30, 2011
- 20 NATO supply trucks torched in Quetta in fresh attack following air strike standoff - Oct 06, 2010
- 19 NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Aug 22, 2011
- NATO supply trucks attacked in Balochistan - Jun 13, 2010
- 35 NATO oil tankers torched in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 06, 2010
- Taliban claim responsibility for attack on NATO tankers in Quetta - Oct 07, 2010
- Four NATO trucks torched in Quetta - Jul 16, 2010
- Another militant attack on NATO tankers in Balochistan - Oct 09, 2010
- NATO oil tankers attacked in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2011
- NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Oct 10, 2011
- 27 NATO fuel tankers torched at Shikarpur day after ISAF air strike on Pak soldiers - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: afghan border, arson attacks, assailants, balochistan, chaman, convoys, gunmen, indiscriminate fire, insurgents, nato, nato forces in afghanistan, neighbouring afghanistan, oil tanker, oil tankers, quetta, shikarpur, trucks, two persons, unidentified men, western pakistan