One killed in NATO oil tanker attack in Pak’s Balochistan provinceFebruary 1st, 2011 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta, Feb 01(ANI): In the latest attack on convoys in Pakistan carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan, unidentified men opened indiscriminate fire at a NATO oil tanker in Balochistan’s Mastung district on Tuesday, killing two persons.
According to Levis Force, the tanker was en route to Afghanistan from Karachi when armed assailants opened fire at the vehicle in the Dasht region, the Dawn reports.
As a result, the tanker’s driver died on the spot while a cleaner sustained bullet wounds in the attack.
Levis Force reached the incident site and shifted the victims to a nearby hospital, but the attackers managed to escape from the scene
Subsequently, Levis Force have registered a case and launched a probe into the incident.
The attack came just two days after unidentified men torched two NATO oil tankers in Balochistan’s Khuzdar district.
Earlier, there have been similar attacks on the convoys carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan in Quetta, Naseerabad and Shikarpur areas of Pakistan. (ANI)
- One killed in NATO tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 03, 2011
- Two NATO supply trailers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 30, 2011
- Two NATO supply tankers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 29, 2011
- Two NATO fuel tankers torched in Balochistan - Apr 06, 2011
- Two NATO oil tankers torched in Balochistan - Mar 12, 2011
- 20 NATO supply trucks torched in Quetta in fresh attack following air strike standoff - Oct 06, 2010
- 19 NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Aug 22, 2011
- 35 NATO oil tankers torched in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 06, 2010
- NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Oct 10, 2011
- Another 26 NATO tankers burnt in Nowshera in Pak following air strike standoff - Oct 07, 2010
- Another militant attack on NATO tankers in Balochistan - Oct 09, 2010
- 27 NATO fuel tankers torched at Shikarpur day after ISAF air strike on Pak soldiers - Oct 01, 2010
- NATO supply trucks attacked in Balochistan - Jun 13, 2010
- Two NATO tankers torched in Pak - Feb 28, 2011
- Taliban claim responsibility for attack on NATO tankers in Quetta - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: assailants, attackers, balochistan, bullet wounds, convoys, dawn, indiscriminate fire, karachi, levis, nato, nato forces in afghanistan, nearby hospital, oil tanker, oil tankers, pakistan, quetta, s driver, shikarpur, two persons, unidentified men