One killed, 35 hurt in Pakistan train blastJune 11th, 2009 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 11 (IANS) One person was killed and 35 hurt in a train blast Thursday in Pakistan’s Balochistan province, a media report said.
The blast occurred in the third carriage of the Bolan Express traveling from Karachi to Quetta, Geo TV reported.
Rescue teams had arrived at the scene of the blast near Colpur, some 100 km east of Quetta, and had shifted the injured to hospitals.
An emergency had been sounded at Quetta’s Civil Hospital and at other hospitals.
Rescue teams of the paramilitary Frontier Corps had also reached at blast site.
A spokesman of the banned Balochistan Republican Army (BRA) telephoned media outlets in Quetta and claimed responsibility for the blast.
Balochistan Chief Minister Asalm Raisani has condemned the blast and directed the concerned authorities to submit a report by Friday afternoon.
- Railway track blown up in Pakistan - Jul 30, 2011
- Two dead in Pakistan stadium blast (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Balochistan chief minister escapes Quetta suicide blast (Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- 13 killed, 21 injured in Pakistan car bombing (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Balochistan CM strongly condemns killings of eleven people by gunmen in Gwadar - Mar 22, 2011
- Pakistan car blast kills trooper; eight injured (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2010
- Eight killed in Pakistan bombing - Dec 30, 2011
- Baloch CM denies presence of US troops or Taliban leadership in Quetta - Dec 09, 2010
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Five suicide bombers killed in Pakistan (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- On Pakistan Independence Day, blasts, accidents kill 39 (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Balochistan chief minister escapes bid on life (Second Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- 13 killed in Pakistan, as bus falls into deep ravine - Jun 06, 2011
- Suicide blast kills nine Pakistani troopers (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011