One killed, 15 hurt in Quetta bombing (Lead)August 21st, 2012 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Islambad, Aug 21 (IANS) At least one person was killed and 15 others were injured Tuesday in a massive bomb explosion in Pakistan’s southwest city of Quetta, a media report said.
The deafening blast took place at about 10.50 a.m. when a bomb planted along the roadside went off shortly after a convoy of Frontier Corps (FC), a paramilitary force in Pakistan, passed on the Sariab road of the city, reported Xinhua citing a TV report.
The target was apparently the FC vehicle, but the bomb missed the target and hit other vehicles and passersby on the road, said police.
At least three vehicles, including one yellow cab and two rickshaws, were destroyed.
The 15 people injured include five women and four kids.
An initial report had said that there had been firing after the bombing, but later reports did not mention shooting.
Tuesday morning’s blast in Quetta is the first reported in Pakistan during the three-day Eid holiday that started Monday after the one-month-long Ramadan.
- Three killed, six injured in bomb blast in Quetta - Oct 27, 2010
- Four policemen killed in Pakistan - Jun 09, 2012
- 10 die in Pakistan suicide bombing - Aug 31, 2011
- Rocket attack kills four in Pakistan - Mar 23, 2011
- One killed, 11 injured in Quetta car bomb blast - Jun 20, 2010
- Policemen injured in Pakistan grenade attack - Jun 20, 2010
- One killed in Pakistan blast - May 31, 2011
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Pakistan car blast kills trooper; eight injured (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2010
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- Three dead, 35 wounded in Pakistan bombing - Jun 18, 2012
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Five die in Quetta blast (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- 20 killed in Pakistan blast - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: bomb explosion, convoy, eid, five women, frontier, initial report, massive bomb, other vehicles, pakistan, paramilitary force, passersby, ramadan, rickshaws, southwest city, target, tuesday morning, tv report, xinhua, yellow cab