One dead in Pakistan police check-post attack (Lead)July 7th, 2012 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 7 (IANS) Unidentified gunmen in a car Saturday opened fire at a police check-post in the Pakistani capital, killing one policeman, a media report said.
The incident took place around 5 p.m. in the city’s southern I-9 sector, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Dunya.
The gunmen opened fire when police tried to stop the car. A police officer named Azhar Abbasi was wounded in the attack and later died at a hospital.
Police chased the car, but the gunmen left it at a graveyard in the neigbourhood and fled the scene.
At least 20 terror attacks have been foiled in the capital this year. A large number of explosives, suicide jackets and weapons have been seized, police said.
- Police check-post attacked in Islamabad - Jul 07, 2012
- 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down in Pakistan - Jul 07, 2012
- 25 killed in Pakistan bus attack (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Three policemen killed in attack in northwest Pakistan - Aug 23, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Two more killed in Karachi violence - Jun 16, 2012
- Four Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan gun attack (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Chief justice of Pakistani Kashmir attacked - Oct 25, 2011
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Six killed in Iraq attacks - Jan 23, 2012
- 14 dead in Pakistan violence (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Russian investigator survives murder attempt - Jun 03, 2012
- Four killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 04, 2011
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- Eight die in terror attack on Pakistani airbase (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012