OGRA chief joins Pakistan’s bogus degree clubApril 17th, 2011 - 12:39 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, April 17(ANI): Exposing Pakistan’s Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority Chairman Tauqir Sadiq’s degree as bogus, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) has informed the Islamabad High Court (IHC) that there was no institution in Britain and America from where he claimed to have acquired his LLM degree.
The IHC had sought report from the HEC about the status of the American Institute of London, from where Sadiq claimed to have got his degree, during a hearing of the petition challenging his LLM degree by union members three days ago.
“The institute (American Institute of London) does not exist in America and Britain,” The Nation quoted the HEC, as replying to the court’s query about the institute’s status, thus exposing Sadiq’s degree as fake.
The National Assembly Standing Committee on Petroleum and Natural Resources also expressed serious concerns over Sadiq’s appointment as the OGRA chief without the required experience and qualification in the relevant field.
When contacted, Sadiq insisted that his degree was genuine and the information sent to the commission about the institution by the court was incorrect since he had got his degree from the American University in England.
He also informed that he had done LLB from the Punjab University and had the experience of 20 years to his credit in the relevant field, therefore he was fully eligible for the concerned position. (ANI)
- Parallel Pakistani education website baffles officials - Apr 26, 2011
- USAID freezes 250-mn-dollar aid project in Pakistan over HEC devolution issue - Apr 05, 2011
- With 29 members, PML-N tops list of 105 'fake degree-holding Pak parliamentarians' - Dec 03, 2010
- A Pakistani with two PhDs in four years - Jan 31, 2011
- Memo commission orders grant of visa, security to Ijaz - Jan 09, 2012
- Jindal Global Law School signs MoUs with leading US law schools - Apr 12, 2012
- Onir's airline woes! (Movie Snippets) - Apr 01, 2012
- Gilani, Qureshi among many ministers yet to send educational degrees for verification - Oct 16, 2010
- What happened to Gilani's 15 varsities promise, asks daily - Aug 05, 2012
- 67 Pakistani politicians hold fake degrees: Report - Oct 14, 2010
- Major General Nair becomes Judge Advocate General of Army - Apr 30, 2010
- Bilawal Bhutto 'secretly' studying law in Britain - Jul 06, 2012
- Breast cancer is a major killer in Pakistan - Jan 12, 2012
- Ijaz to testify in memo case mid-January - Jan 07, 2012
- Application form not correctly filled can be rejected: court - Jan 26, 2010
Tags: appointment, assembly standing committee, bogus degree, hec, higher education commission, islamabad, llm degree, national assembly, natural resources, oil and gas, pakistan, petition, petroleum, punjab university, regulatory authority, relevant field, sadiq, serious concerns, union members, university in england