Official welcome denied to “alien” Nawaz during his Muzaffarabad visitDecember 27th, 2010 - 6:56 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec 27 (ANI): This is the second time that former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has been alienated in POK, with reports claiming that not a single ruling coalition political leader or government position holder came to receive the “alien” leader during his visit to Muzaffarabad on Sunday.
According to the Daily Times, the PML-N chief went to address a party gathering, but the prime minister of POK, Sardar Attique, instead of receiving him, went for a visit to Kotly and in his absence, and not a single government minister or Muslim Conference leader welcomed Nawaz.
The chief secretary of the state and the POK IG also failed to receive Nawaz in the meeting.
It is for the second time since his return from exile that Nawaz has been denied official protocol in POK.
He also underwent a similar embarrassing situation in 1090 when he was a sitting Prime Minister.
At that time, Sardar Mumtaz Rathore of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) was the chief executive of the independent state and he announced that an “alien”, Nawaz, would not be given any official welcome in the area. (ANI)
- Zardari appoints Latif Khan Khosa as Punjab governor (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Zardari appoints Latif Khan Khosa as Punjab governor - Jan 12, 2011
- 'PML-N a "pro-American" party', Nawaz, Nisar told US envoy: WikiLeaks - Dec 01, 2010
- Nawaz advised two-week rest following heart surgery in London hospital - Mar 22, 2011
- British MPs for putting Kashmir at top of Foreign Office agenda - Feb 24, 2011
- Sharif wins back 'trust' of Saudi King - Dec 14, 2010
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- Saudi Arabia's 'love' for Nawaz Sharif lost? - Sep 12, 2009
- PML-N, MQM tear each other apart with no-holds barred remarks - Dec 30, 2010
- PML-N sees end of PPP-led Pak Govt - Jan 03, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif advised two-week rest in London - Mar 22, 2011
- Latif Khosa offers cooperation to PML-N through reconciliation process - Jan 15, 2011
- Nawaz hails Zardari's India trip - Apr 10, 2012
- Stent inserted in ailing Nawaz Sharif's artery to ease blood flow in London - Mar 18, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif hospitalised in London following chest pain - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: chief executive, chief secretary, conference leader, former prime minister, government minister, government position, ig, independent state, minister nawaz sharif, nawaz, pml n, pok, political leader, position holder, ppp, prime minister nawaz sharif, rathore, return from exile, second time, secretary of the state