Octogenarian Pak man forcibly marries 12-year-oldApril 22nd, 2009 - 5:46 pm ICT by ANI
Mirpur Khas (Pakistan), Apr. 22 (ANI): A case has been registered against an 80-year-old Pakistani man for allegedly kidnapping, forcibly marrying and keeping a 12-year-old girl in illegal confinement for a year.
Addressing a press conference, Shabana’s father Sabir Shaikh said that he, along with his family, had gone to the house of his brother Abdullah Shaikh in Karachi last year.
The apprehended accused, Rasool, and his brother Abdul Malik who are also his relatives kidnapped his daughter, he added.
Shaikh lodged a non-cognizable report against Rasool at Tando Adam police station. He said that police did not register his FIR while on the registration of a case of robbery against the accused, the Frontier Post reports.
The police carried out raid in Panno Aqil and apprehended accused Rasool.
Police also recovered his abducted daughter Shabana. He said that now it has become clear that Rasool, who is an aged man, had forcibly made Nikah with his daughter and kept her in illegal confinement for over a year.
He said that he had embraced Islam but his relatives did not like it. They tried for a number of time to implicate him and his brother in false and fabricated cases.
Sabir appealed to the higher authorities to take immediate notice and ensure registration of his FIR against Rasool who is in custody of Tando Adam police station. (ANI)
- Plea against Amar Singh dismissed (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Congress for judicial probe against rape-accused BSP lawmaker - Jan 02, 2011
- Cash-for-vote scam witness says Amar Singh threatened him - Oct 11, 2011
- Badal government's lone woman minister convicted, jailed (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Order reserved on plea against Amar Singh - Feb 23, 2012
- Now, FIRs in Delhi go online - Feb 01, 2011
- Bihar student's suicide: rights body seeks report - Sep 07, 2012
- Apex court notice to Kanda, brother in assault case (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Gujarat judge declines to hear cop's plea - Jul 04, 2011
- Rajasthan nurse case: Key suspect in police custody - Oct 22, 2011
- Yukta Mookhey accuses husband of abusing her - Sep 14, 2012
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- Court orders police action on lawyer's assault (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Illegal mining: Court allows probe of Krishna, Kumaraswamy's role (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Minister jailed for conspiracy in daughter's death (Second Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: abducted, aqil, authorities, fir, frontier post, illegal confinement, islam, malik, mirpur khas, nikah, octogenarian, old girl, pak man, pakistani man, police station, rasool, relatives, robbery, sabir, tando adam