Obama’s war strategy in Afghanistan has “failed”: TalibanDecember 18th, 2010 - 4:31 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec 18 (ANI): Taliban insurgents have dismissed the review of United States President Barack Obama’s war strategy in Afghanistan, saying it has failed on both military and the civil administration fronts.
In an e-mailed statement, Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said the last nine years of war had proven that increased troop levels had no effect.
“It is a failed strategy, not only on the military side but also in civilian and administrative affairs. Public services in Afghanistan have failed. Corruption, insecurity and also the civilian casualties are a result of failed American strategy,” The Nation quoted Mujahid, as saying.
“President Obama is also talking about progress, but it is clear for everyone that the reality is completely the opposite of what he says,” he added.
Mujahid vowed the Taliban would continue to fight coalition troops, and that “with the presence of foreign forces in our country there will be no peace and security. The interference of foreign forces in the affairs of Afghanistan … will only increase casualties.”
The Taliban claimed that Obama’s aim of starting to withdraw US soldiers from Afghanistan next year is the result not of success, but of “the pressure on the US forces in Afghanistan, the high casualties of the US forces and the high cost of the war … which they can no longer afford.” (ANI)
- Afghanistan was Soviets graveyard and will the Americans also: Taliban spokesman - Nov 27, 2010
- Roadside bomb kills 14 civilians in Helmand - Dec 31, 2010
- Kabul terror attack ends, all Taliban guerrillas killed - Sep 14, 2011
- Blasts rock Kabul, Taliban target US embassy - Sep 13, 2011
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Suicide bombers attack Kabul shortly after Obama's visit - May 03, 2012
- Over 1,000 Afghan civilians die in 2010 - Jul 19, 2010
- Afghanistan seeks early security handover: Karzai - Mar 16, 2012
- Pak would not allow expansion of US drone strikes: Qureshi - Dec 23, 2009
- EU condemns Afghanistan attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Afghans hold anti-US demonstration - Mar 10, 2012
- 11 die in Kabul attack after Obama trip (Third Lead) - May 02, 2012
- US efforts fail to convince Pakistan's top general to target safe Taliban havens - Jan 01, 2011
- Karzai urges US to dismantle Pak based terror safe havens for success in 'war on terror' - Aug 27, 2010
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: administrative affairs, afghanistan, aim, american strategy, barack obama, civil administration, civilian casualties, coalition troops, corruption, insecurity, insurgents, interference, islamabad, military side, nine years, presence, spokesman, taliban, troop levels, war strategy