Number of teens going for plastic surgery in Singapore on theJanuary 30th, 2011 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 30 (ANI): There has been an increase in the number of teenagers going for plastic surgery in Singapore.
According to the Straits Times, a check with nine plastic surgeons and aesthetic doctors showed an increase of about 30 percent in the number of clients under the age of 21 over the past five years.
Charisse underwent surgery on her eyelids when she was 18.
Her younger sister Christel followed suit when she turned 14 two years ago, reports English.news.cn.
“I was not too worried about any medical risks because I know that it is a simple procedure. Seeing my sister go through it also made me less frightened,” said the younger sister.
Andrew George Tay, a plastic surgeon at Novena Medical Center, attributed the trend to greater awareness of plastic surgery.
“With the Internet, information about various procedures is easily available. The youth are also influenced by the media.
When they see celebrities with enhanced features, they want the same,” he said. (ANI)
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- US teenagers get 12,000 botox jabs in a year - Aug 13, 2010
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- More Australian women opting for genital trim: Report - Nov 07, 2010
- Boob job 'most popular cosmetic surgery procedure' - Mar 27, 2011
- India fourth in plastic surgeries - and experts know why - Aug 13, 2010
- Oz women's demands for 'designer vaginas' triple - Nov 07, 2010
- Teen Singer Charice Pempengco Gets Botox For "Glee" - Jul 26, 2010
- Acid victim finds hope in new surgeries (with Images) - Aug 30, 2012
- Woman gets life's rudest shock after 200 surgeries - Mar 10, 2012
- Moms' latest fad- the boob-lift, tummy-tuck "mommy makeover" - May 03, 2011
- Artificial muscle may offer ray of hope to patients with facial paralysis - Jan 19, 2010
- Got a migraine? Get a 'brow-lift'! - Nov 11, 2010
- Experts stress 5 musts before weight loss surgery - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: andrew george, celebrities, doctors, english news, eyelids, greater awareness, internet information, medical center, medical risks, New Delhi, plastic surgeon, plastic surgery, singapore, straits times, teenagers