Now, the Queen gets bitten by the YouTube bug!October 18th, 2008 - 3:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 18 (ANI): The YouTube generation has added a new name to its list the Queen.
On October 17, Her Majesty uploaded a video on a visit to Googles British HQ.
The VIP visit was celebrated by the company by creating a special version of its google.co.uk home page.
It featured a silhouette of her head as the second G and a regal crown above the E at the end of the logo, reports the Daily Star.
The Queen, who sent her first email in 1976 and already has her own website, enjoyed it all.
She and Prince Philip saw a demonstration of the firms technology and met schoolchildren who won a competition to design Google doodles special editions of the California-based companys world famous blue, green, red and yellow logo.
They also met users of the Google-owned YouTube video site, including Peter Oakley, an 81-year-old known as Geriatric1927 whose videos saw him nominated for a YouTube award in 2006. (ANI)
- Google Celebrates John Lennon's 70th birthday with their first video doodle - Oct 09, 2010
- YouTube Unveils Face Blurring System - Jul 19, 2012
- Cuba raps Facebook, YouTube - Jan 16, 2011
- YouTube says hi to high-definition - Nov 14, 2009
- YouTube increases video upload limit to 15 minutes - Aug 01, 2010
- YouTube marks fifth birthday by announcing two billion views per day - May 19, 2010
- Gaga becomes 1st musician to attract over 1bn video views on YouTube - Oct 26, 2010
- Why was Guwahati molestation video put on YouTube, ask netizens - Jul 13, 2012
- 36 hours of videos uploaded on YouTube every minute - Feb 16, 2011
- YouTube wins court case in Spain on intellectual property - Sep 24, 2010
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO - Oct 30, 2010
- Google axes five products - Jul 04, 2012
- Video of 'Blonde on an escalator' goes viral - Nov 17, 2011
- Pizza chef Carmelo Raccuglia's video goes viral - Jan 25, 2012
- The Queen features as Google doodle - Oct 16, 2008
Tags: daily star, demonstration, email, geriatric1927, google, google co uk, google co uk home, london, majesty, own website, prince philip, queen, regal crown, schoolchildren, silhouette, special editions, video site, yellow logo