Now, Taiban demands repeal of ‘Un-Islamic’ provisions in Pak constitutionApril 17th, 2009 - 2:48 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr.17 (ANI): The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has said that the un-Islamic provisions in the constitution of Pakistan are not acceptable to it.
The TTP Swat chapter spokesperson Muslim Khan said the Taliban would only accept those provisions of Pakistan’s constitution which were Islamic.
“The constitution itself was not completely Islamic. The Taliban does not accept any constitution other than sharia,” The Daily Times quoted Khan, as saying.
He praised the National Assembly for its approval to implement the Nizam-e-Adl Regulation in the Swat Valley.
Earlier, the Tehreek Nifaz-e-Shariat-e-Muhammadi (TNSM) chief Sufi Muhammad had also clarified that the judgments given by the Qazis appointed in the Swat Valley under the Nizam-e-Adl Regulation cannot be challenged in any other superior courts in the country, indicating that the decisions made under the Sharia regulations were final and unchallengeable. (ANI)
- Taliban says MNA's opposing sharia regulation will be considered infidels - Apr 13, 2009
- Qazi judgments would be final and unchallengeable: Sufi Muhammad - Apr 16, 2009
- Zardari signs sharia deal following National Assembly's green signal - Apr 14, 2009
- Pak-Taliban chief says sharia-opposing politicians no longer Muslims - Apr 18, 2009
- TNSM decides to extend Darul Qaza deadline infinitely - Apr 24, 2009
- Taliban release kidnapped official in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 23, 2009
- Terrorism, not Islam is Taliban's prime agenda: NWFP minister - May 06, 2009
- Swat Sharia laws rock Pakistan's Senate - Apr 20, 2009
- Qazi courts start functioning in NWFP's Malakand region - Apr 14, 2009
- After Swat, TNSM vows to implement sharia law in other parts of Pakistan - Apr 14, 2009
- Pak Taliban still in control of several areas in Buner - Apr 16, 2009
- Ceric's remarks on judges, Sharia not worrisome: Gilani (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2009
- Pak Taliban militants' accused of brutal killings will enjoy immunity: Sufi - Apr 15, 2009
- Pak to hold trials of TNSM-Taliban operatives next year - Dec 03, 2010
- Fazlullah says Taliban will accept only Islam's writ in Swat - Apr 26, 2009