Now, five ’suicide bombers’ walk free in Pak over absence of ‘evidence’June 10th, 2010 - 1:32 pm ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, Jun.10 (ANI): In yet another case of militants walking free in Pakistan due to lack of evidence against them, an anti terrorist court here has acquitted five persons accused in various suicide bombings.
The special court released Fasihullah, Imdad Hussain and Qasim Mushtaq, who were arrested for their alleged role in the suicide attack targeting the Islamabad district courts in March last year.
Two other accused Tehseen Abbas and Faisal Mushtaq, who were accused of plotting the Aabpara Chowk bomb blast, were also set free by the court, The Daily Times reports.
Last week, a local Peshawar court had acquitted four terror suspects after the prosecution failed to prove their involvement in blowing up of three government schools in the Nowshera District of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province (formerly the North West Frontier Province).
Security officials had arrested four persons for destroying three schools, including a girls’ school, in February, but the anti-terrorism court in Peshawar dismissed the case against all four accused, saying there is not enough evidence to prove their involvement in the destruction of the school buildings.
Dozens of terror suspects have succeeded in getting bail from the Peshawar High Court in the last two months due to ‘lack of evidence’ them. (ANI)
- Become a terrorist in Pak and walk away scot-free in absence of official proof - Jun 04, 2010
- Yet again, Pak court acquits men accused of terror attacks for lack of evidence - May 14, 2010
- Pak ATC releases seven terror suspects owing to lack of evidence - Oct 31, 2010
- Pak court acquits Marriott Hotel bombers over lack of evidence - May 06, 2010
- Nine convicted for murder of Pakistan Army's surgeon general - Nov 16, 2010
- Pakistan's efforts to eradicate terrorism "heading for a paralysis" - Mar 24, 2011
- Pak Govt. challenges LHC's aquittal of four Marriot Hotel attack accused - Jul 06, 2010
- Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Two die in blast near school in Peshawar - Jan 19, 2011
- Pak provincial minister says suicide bombers being sold like commodities - Apr 28, 2011
- 98 pc terrorists' acquittal blamed for upsurge in militancy in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa - Feb 26, 2011
- Pak's toothless criminal justice system seeing terrorists 'laughing all the way to freedom' - Oct 30, 2010
- 16 killed in Pakistan bakery bombing (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Two convicted for 2008 Thane blasts, four let off - Aug 29, 2011
- Nine students among 19 killed in Pakistan blast - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: bomb blast, district courts, faisal, frontier province, girls school, hussain, imdad, islamabad district, khyber, last two months, mushtaq, north west frontier, peshawar high court, qasim, school buildings, security officials, suicide attack, suicide bombers, suicide bombings, various suicide