Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination caseAugust 16th, 2012 - 12:32 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 15 (IANS) An Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) in Pakistan Wednesday issued non-bailable arrest warrants for former president Pervez Musharraf and former prime minister Shaukat Aziz in the assassination case of Balochistan leader Nawab Akbar Bugti, Xinhua reported.
Bugti, a Baluch tribal leader, was killed Aug 26, 2006 during a military operation in Baluchistan province when Musharraf was ruling the country.
His family had registered cases against the former president, then prime minister as well as then interior minister Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao, then Balochistan governor Owais Ahmad Ghani and several other government officials.
The court in Sibi district in Balochistan province, while issuing arrest warrants, has ordered all the accused to appear Sep 5.
Another court has already issued an arrest warrant for Musharraf in connection with the 2007 tragic assassination of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto. She was killed in a suicide blast and firing in the garrison city of Rawalpindi. Musharraf has denied any involvement in her killing.
Having ruled Pakistan between 1999 and 2008, Musharraf has been living in self-exile since his resignation as president in August 2008 on facing parliamentary impeachment over a variety of charges.
He has also launched his own political party, the All Pakistan Muslim League, and is believed to be returning to the country for the parliamentary elections due early next year.
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
- SC petition filed for 'red warrants' against Musharraf in Bugti case - Jun 22, 2010
- Musharraf to be arrested on return to Pakistan - Jan 07, 2012
- Pakistan to tap Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Feb 25, 2012
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Nawaz sees conspiracies in Pakistan apex court's defiance - Mar 25, 2012
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
- Musharraf's arrest warrant issued for 'third time' in Benazir murder case - Mar 05, 2011
- Pak probe agency gets 15 days to produce Musharraf in court in BB murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- Arrest warrant against Musharraf reissued in Benazir case - Jun 11, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak court directs FIA to implement Musharraf's arrest warrant in BB murder case - Apr 09, 2011
- Pakistan court declares Musharraf 'proclaimed offender' - May 30, 2011
- Pakistan's ex-brigadier ready to testify against Musharraf - Oct 09, 2010
- Musharraf's interview presented in court in connection with Benazir assassination case - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: aftab, ahmad khan, akbar bugti, arrest warrant, benazir bhutto, former prime minister, garrison city, ghani, interior minister, military operation, owais, pakistan muslim league, parliamentary elections, pervez musharraf, president pervez musharraf, self exile, shaukat aziz, sherpao, tragic assassination, tribal leader