No restriction on Pak over use of F-16s : PAF chiefJune 28th, 2010 - 2:11 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, June 28 (ANI): Pakistan Air Force (PAF) chief Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman has said that the PAF would utilise all its assets, including the newly inducted F-16 fighter aircraft, against all ‘external and internal’ threats.
“Our mission is to maintain peace with honour in the region but should this primary effort of maintaining peace fails, the PAF will employ all its assets, including these aircraft, to defend the country against external and internal security threats,” Suleman said while speaking during the induction ceremony of the first three of the 18 F-16 C/D Block 52 aircrafts that the US would be providing to Pakistan.
It is pertinent to mention here that Washington had put up stiff conditions on the sale of F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan, stipulating that they cannot be used against India in any future conflict.
The stipulations were laid down following New Delhi raising strong objections over the White House’s massive military support to Islamabad, during the recent strategic dialogue between the two nations.
However, the PAF chief maintained that there was no restriction on the use of the new Falcons (F-16s) against any specific country.
“You have also heard my speech. There is no such restriction,” he told reporters on the sidelines of the induction ceremony.
The F-16 C/D Block 52 aircraft is a high tech fighter aircraft equipped with sophisticated state-of-the-art avionics suite, latest weapons with Night Precision Attack capability.
The remaining aircraft would be delivered to Pakistan by the end of this year.
The delivery of the fighter jets is being made under a 1.4 billion dollar deal between Islamabad and Washington. Pakistan is also paying an additional 1.3 billion dollars for the upgradation of its existing F-16 fleet. (ANI)
- PAF inducts three F-16s received from US in its fleet - Jun 27, 2010
- F-16s won't be used for aggression against any country: Zardari - Jul 02, 2010
- Pakistan gets new fighter planes from US - Feb 07, 2012
- Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US today - Nov 20, 2010
- Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US on Dec 13 - Dec 11, 2010
- Kayani lauds Pak Air Force role in counterterrorism operations - Mar 11, 2011
- Pak gets second batch of three F-16 jets from US - Oct 31, 2010
- Pakistan to induct three F-16 fighter planes - Jun 26, 2010
- Pakistan gets upgraded F-16s from Turkey - Feb 25, 2012
- Pakistan receives three US F-16 aircraft - Oct 30, 2010
- Pak gets last batch of 5 F-16s from US - Dec 14, 2010
- Pakistan gets six more F-16 aircraft - Nov 20, 2010
- Pakistani fighter jet crashes - Aug 16, 2011
- Pakistani woman fighter pilot hurt in crash (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- First of 18 F-16D combat aircraft for Pakistan rolls out - Oct 14, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,