‘No orders to bring Musharraf back to Pak through Interpol so far ‘: MalikNovember 9th, 2010 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Nov 9 (ANI): Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that he has received no orders so far to bring former military ruler Pervez Musharraf back through the Interpol, however if the court issues such orders, the government would comply with them.
“We have no objection to bringing former President Pervez Musharraf back but we have not yet received any orders in this connection,” The Nation quoted Malik, as saying, while talking to journalists at Karachi Airport before leaving for Doha to attend a session of General Assembly of Interpol.
The minister also said that he would brief the Interpol General Assembly about the damage caused by the recent floods in Pakistan, adding that the country had suffered a loss of 140 billion dollars due to the natural disaster.
Malik said that any kind of scams and corruption in the FIA and Police departments would not be tolerated, and that a new website would be created very soon for elimination of corruption. Public dealing should be corruption-free, he added. (ANI)
- Pakistan to tap Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Feb 25, 2012
- Musharraf's arrest warrant in Benazir murder case sent to UK Foreign Affairs Dept. - Mar 10, 2011
- Benazir assassination case: Pak to seek Interpol help in netting Musharraf - Mar 27, 2011
- Pakistan taps Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Mar 01, 2012
- Pak govt won't seek Musharraf's extradition through Interpol: PPP - Nov 25, 2010
- Sindh HC directs probe agency to act lawfully on treason petition against Musharraf - Mar 08, 2011
- FIA sends Musharraf's arrest warrant to Pak High Commission in London - Mar 07, 2011
- Pakistan court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf - Feb 13, 2011
- Pak not pursuing Musharraf's extradition from UK: Rehman Malik - Feb 23, 2011
- Pak Punjab Assembly passes resolution against Musharraf - Oct 13, 2010
- Musharraf the 'murderer' of Benazir Bhutto: PPP Secy Gen - Oct 06, 2010
- Insurance scam probe in Pakistan turns into personal feud - Feb 17, 2011
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf to be arrested on return to Pakistan - Jan 07, 2012
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: billion dollars, doha, elimination of corruption, fia, floods in pakistan, former president, general assembly, interior minister, interpol, journalists, karachi, military ruler, natural disaster, objection, pervez musharraf, police departments, recent floods, rehman malik, scams