No country will be allowed to strike inside PakistanJanuary 8th, 2008 - 2:20 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad, Jan 8 (ANI): Pakistans caretaker Prime Minister Muhammadmian Soomro has rejected the possibility of a military operation inside Pakistan by forces of any country.
“The armed forces are fully capable of defending the Pakistans frontiers and would not allow any other country to carry out any sort of operations inside its geographical boundaries,” he said while taking talking to Chief of Air Staff Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed.
Soomro said Pakistans defence doctrine was based on minimum credible deterrence so as to safeguard its sovereignty and territorial integrity, which would facilitate maintenance of peace and stability in the region.
He said Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was one of the best fighting machines in the world and substantially equipped to defend the national air space.
“The standard of its training and compatibility is second to none,” he said.
Soomro said the government was fully cognisant of the countrys defence needs and would make all necessary resources available to modernize and upgrade its defence forces in view of the ongoing technological developments. (ANI)
- Pakistan Air Force ready to tackle any aggression against nation: Qamar Suleman - Apr 28, 2011
- Kayani lauds Pak Air Force role in counterterrorism operations - Mar 11, 2011
- No aggressive designs against any country: Pakistan - Apr 06, 2010
- 'Peace-loving' Pak to continue credible minimum nuke deterrence policy: Air Force chief - Mar 22, 2011
- All options open to defend Pak from US incursions: Malik - Oct 09, 2010
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US on Dec 13 - Dec 11, 2010
- Pakistan has no aggressive designs against any state: Gilani - Jul 27, 2010
- Pakistan begins High Mark-2010 war game - Mar 15, 2010
- Pakistan does not want n-arms race, says air force chief - Mar 22, 2011
- Pakistan Air Force validates fighter operations from motorways - Apr 02, 2010
- Pakistan changes air force security doctrine to counter militancy (Lead) - Mar 27, 2010
- 'Pakistan to continue building its military potential' - Mar 30, 2012
- Experts hail Agni-V, want it operational soon - Apr 19, 2012
- India building credible minimal deterrence, says IAF - Jun 17, 2011
Tags: air space, air staff, caretaker, defence doctrine, defence forces, deterrence, frontiers, geographical boundaries, mahmood, military operation, necessary resources, paf, pakistan air force, pakistan islamabad, peace and stability, soomro, sovereignty, tanvir, technological developments, territorial integrity