No corruption case against me, says GilaniMay 12th, 2012 - 1:22 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 12 (IANS) Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has said in London that there is no corruption case against him, it was reported here.
Gilani Friday said there is no case of corruption against him and he is performing his role to uphold and protect the constitution, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
He said that if all institutions work within the constitution, then there will be no conflict and he has been working within the parameters of the constitution.
On April 26, Gilani was convicted for contempt of court by the Supreme Court that gave him a symbolic sentence till rising of the court for refusing to write to Swiss authorities to reopen a corruption case against President Asif Ali Zardari.
Gilani was indicted for contempt of court Feb 13.
Accused of graft, Zardari was granted amnesty under the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) in 2007 by then president Pervez Musharraf to facilitate his return home and, primarily that of his wife, former prime minister Benazir Bhutto.
The NRO that granted immunity to politicians and bureaucrats in corruption cases was struck down in 2009 by the Supreme Court as void.
- Gilani vows to protect constitution - May 13, 2012
- Gilani convicted for contempt, gets symbolic sentence (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Contempt case: SC to decide Gilani's fate Thursday (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Gilani reaches court for contempt hearing - Feb 13, 2012
- Pakistani PM files appeal in contempt of court - Feb 08, 2012
- Pakistani PM appears in Supreme Court - Sep 18, 2012
- First for Pakistan, PM indicted for contempt (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- No contempt proceedings if president has immunity: Pakistani court - Feb 01, 2012
- Gilani has committed contempt, rules Pakistan court - Feb 02, 2012
- Gilani indicted for contempt (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
- Gilani to appear before Supreme Court for sentencing - Apr 25, 2012
- Will resign if convicted: Gilani - Feb 12, 2012
- Contempt of court: Supreme Court adjourns till Feb 1 - Jan 19, 2012
- Attorney general gets court order in Zardari case - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: amnesty, asif ali zardari, benazir bhutto, bureaucrats, conflict, constitution, contempt of court, corruption case, corruption cases, former prime minister, immunity, institutions, islamabad, national reconciliation, nro, parameters, pervez musharraf, politicians, supreme court, swiss authorities