New US administration much better than previous one: NawazMarch 31st, 2009 - 11:32 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar. 31 (ANI): Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President and former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday said that the new U. S. administration was better than the previous one.
His statement came after US President Barack Obama announced new policy for Pakistan and Afghanistan last week.
“We are willing to address the concerns of all our allies and friends. I think they should also understand our problems. It has to be reciprocal,” Nawaz said.
The PML-N chief also called for an end to American drone attacks on tribal regions, which have led to civilian casualties and inflamed anti-American sentiment.
“Some of the policies followed by former US President George W. Bush have given rise to a lot of anti-American feeling in Pakistan. For example the drone attacks are affecting our relationship. The people of Pakistan have criticised them very severely. It damages the sovereignty of our country. On this issue the United States of America must move carefully,” The News quoted Sharif as saying. (ANI)
- Review Pakistan's ties with US: Nawaz Sharif - May 11, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif begins fresh term as party chief - Jul 28, 2011
- US drone attacks in Pak no solution to terrorism: Nawaz Sharif - Apr 09, 2011
- Pakistan under attack from terrorists, US: Nawaz Sharif - May 25, 2011
- PML-N refutes Zardari's claim of Shahbaz tipping off JUD prior to asset freeze order - Dec 02, 2010
- Nawaz Sharif re-elected PML-N president - Jul 27, 2011
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- Pakistan braces for anti-government protests - Apr 30, 2012
- Nawaz Sharif to challenge Pakistani Kashmir voters list - Jun 28, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif advised two-week rest in London - Mar 22, 2011
- US forces in Balochistan compromising Pakistan's sovereignty: PML-N - Nov 27, 2010
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- PML-N has no place for political schemers, says Nawaz Sharif - Feb 28, 2011
- Disclose Pakistan army budget to parliament: Sharif - May 14, 2011
- Pakistan-US relations: Who will blink first (Part-IV) - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, allies, anti american sentiment, barack obama, civilian casualties, drone, george w bush, minister nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pml n, president george w bush, prime minister nawaz, prime minister nawaz sharif, relationship, sovereignty, states of america, united states of america, us president george