New book reveals Hitchcocks perverted lust for his leading ladiesMay 28th, 2008 - 4:43 pm ICT by admin
London, May 28 (ANI): He was the master of suspense and thriller and the name behind many successful films, but behind the scenes Alfred Hitchcock was a man who took an apparently perverted pleasure in torturing his female stars physically and emotionally.
According to Alfred Hitchcock And His Leading Ladies, Hitchcock lusted after his leading ladies and the cruelty he showed them, fuelled and ruined his high-flying career.
The book talks about Hitchcock s relationship with the American actress Tippi Hedren and how the association resulted in his careers downfall.
The then 65-year-old Hitch had made no secret of his desire for Tippi, who was already married with a baby.
During filming of The Birds, Hitchcock had banned any of the other cast and crew from talking to Tippi, then in her 30s, and, on one occasion, had attempted to grab and violently kiss her in the back of a car as they drove on to the set.
Tippi did her best to discourage Hitchocks advances but, when the pair were reunited for Marnie, the 26-stone directors obsession grew worse.
He began to describe fantasies he had of them living together, sent her passionate letters and refused to let her travel to New York to receive an award for fear of letting her out of his sight.
But despite the warning signs, even Tippi wasnt prepared for what Hitchcock did next.
He stared at me and simply said, as if it were the most natural thing in the world, that from this time on, he expected me to make myself sexually available and accessible to him however and whenever and wherever he wanted, The Daily Express quoted Tippi, as saying.
That was the moment, after almost three years of trying to cope, when I finally had enough that was the limit, that was the end, she recalls.
According to Hitchcock biographer Donald Spoto Hedren was Hitchcocks last great obsession and arguably his downfall.
Considering the films he made and the leading ladies who came after Tippi, it is clear he lost all interest in his women, his actors, his stories indeed, in movies, he added. (ANI)
- Miller to play Tippi Hedren - Dec 05, 2011
- Tippi Hedren alleges that Alfred Hitchcock ruined her career - Aug 03, 2012
- Anthony Hopkins To Play Alfred Hitchcock On Big Screen? - Jan 23, 2011
- 'Hitchcock' role came to Hopkins years ago - Jul 16, 2012
- Jessica Biel to play Vera Miles - Mar 22, 2012
- Hopkins likely to play Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- Naomi Watts to star in 'The Birds' remake - Aug 10, 2009
- 'Chinatown' listed the greatest movie ever - Oct 25, 2010
- Anthony Hopkins Might Enact The Role Of Alfred Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- Bradley Cooper's 'career behind Renee Zellweger split' - Mar 25, 2011
- Hitchcock film screened after 80 years - Sep 22, 2011
- San Francisco city workers terrorized by blackbird! - Jun 11, 2009
- Anthony Hopkins to play Hitchcock - Dec 08, 2011
- Reason behind Cooper's and Zellwegar's split revealed - Mar 26, 2011
- Brit wife killer 'strangled mistress during wild sex games' - Sep 26, 2010
Tags: actress tippi hedren, alfred hitchcock, american actress, back of a car, birds, book talks, cast and crew, daily express, desire, donald spoto, downfall, fantasies, fear, female stars, master of suspense, obsession, pleasure, thriller, tippi hedren, warning signs