Nepal Maoists picket Singha Durbar, six injured in MaitigharMay 9th, 2010 - 1:19 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, May 9 (ANI): Cadres of the Unified CPN (Maoist) staged a protest outside the country’s administrative hub, Singha Durbar, as part of their fourth -phase agitation against the present government on Sunday.
At least six people including a journalist and a police personal are said to have been injured during a clash between police and Maoist cadres at Maitighar after the latter tried to march towards Singha Durbar defying the prohibitory order.
Police lobbed a couple of teargas shells to disperse the mob.
Maoist cadres are also picketing District Administration Offices (DAOs) of all 75 districts.
Cadres who had come to Kathmandu from various districts for the agitation and those in Kathmandu have assembled in various spots around Singha Durbar including Kalikasthan, Bhadrakali, Padhmodayamod, Maitighar and Anamnagar for the demonstrations.
Transportation has been largely affected in Kathmandu while it has come to a grinding halt around Singha Durbar.
The agitating Maoist that had postponed the indefinite general strike paying heed to the plight from various quarters of the society and international community changed the structure of its protest following the pressure from the national and the international arena.
Meanwhile, entrepreneurs affiliated to Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FNCCI) met Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal and asked him to strive for consensus to end the ongoing political crisis.
Lamenting against the political parties for not coming into consensus despite repeated efforts from the entrepreneurs, businesspersons advised the prime minister to resign from his position, if that is required for a consensus.
In response, Nepal said he would not resign as long as the Maoists continued using threatening language, Nepalnews reported. (ANI)
- Nepal Maoists picket Singha Durbar, dozens injured - Nov 13, 2009
- NC, UML stick to old stance: Nepal PM not stepping down - May 07, 2010
- Over a dozen injured in Maoist scuffle in Maitighar - May 09, 2010
- Nepal Maoists stage protest outside Indian Embassy in Kathmandu - Jan 20, 2010
- Nepal PM won't resign unless army integration issue is settled - May 10, 2010
- Nepal Maoists say talks only after PM resigns - May 10, 2010
- Maoists call off strike, Prachanda gives government two days time to respond - May 08, 2010
- Maoist strike paralyses normal life across Nepal - May 02, 2010
- Indian envoy Sood meets Prachanda on Maoist strike - May 06, 2010
- Nepal Maoists says ruling parties trying to misinterpret three-point agreement - May 31, 2010
- Nepal parties reach power sharing deal - May 03, 2012
- Nepalese PM rules out resigning from premiership - Jun 27, 2010
- Nepal Maoists storm seat of government as protests continue - May 09, 2010
- UN agency tasked with upholding press freedom condemns attacks against journalists in Nepal - May 11, 2010
- Nepal ruling parties press Madhav Kumar not to resign - May 01, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,