Nepal crash survivor recalls the horrorMay 15th, 2012 - 1:19 pm ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, May 15 (IANS) The aircraft that crashed in Nepal on Monday was coming in to land but “suddenly flew up and lost control after one of its wings hit the hill”, said Emilie Joergensen, one of the survivors of the horror at Jomsom that left 15 people, including 13 Indians, dead.
Emilie Joergensen and Andreas Rasch are the two Danes among six people who survived the Agni Air plane crash. They were were on a four-day trip to Jomsom.
According to myrepublica.com, the Danes were sitting in the rear seats and escaped death by clambering out of emergency exits soon after the plane collided against a hill.
Within seconds after they exited, the rear portion of the plane fell into a gorge.
“The plane that was to land suddenly flew up and lost control after one of its wings hit the hill,” Joergensen was quoted as saying.
“We jumped off the plane as we were close to exit. I do not remember what happened after then. When I regain consciousness, I was on a hospital bed,” she added.
- At least 7 Indians killed in Nepal plane crash (Second Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Seven Indians die in Nepal plane crash (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die as plane crashes in Nepal (Sixth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die as plane crashes into Nepal cliff (Fourth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die as plane flies into Nepal cliff (Fifth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- The lunch date with parents that was never to be - May 15, 2012
- Big B, Abhishek shocked at Taruni Sachdev's death - May 15, 2012
- Two Chennai kids injured in Nepal crash, want to go home - May 14, 2012
- 'Paa' child artist Taruni Sachdev cremated - May 17, 2012
- 118 killed in Pakistan plane crash (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Indian-American banker killed in New Jersey plane crash (Second Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Florida Pilot Lands Safely After Plane Hits Deer - Oct 20, 2010
- 12 survive plane crash in Argentina - Oct 25, 2010