Nepal, China should boost business ties: envoyAugust 18th, 2012 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, Aug 18 (IANS) Nepal and China should boost bilateral business ties, Chinese Ambassador to Nepal Yang Houlan said here.
The Chinese ambassador Friday said: “China will continue to encourage qualified Chinese enterprises to participate in the economic construction and social development of Nepal.”
Yang, however, underlined that some Chinese enterprises are hesitant in investing in Nepal, reported Xinhua.
“These problems in the way can be solved through amicable negotiations and enhanced communications,” he said.
He was speaking at a meeting of the Confederation of Nepalese Industries (CNI) Energy Development Council on strengthening relations between Nepal and China.
Nepal’s top businessmen along with representatives from the Chinese embassy and businesspeople participated in the meeting.
During the meeting, the two sides emphasized on the need for convenient procedures for business and investment activities between the two nations.
They also touched upon the potential of Nepal’s hydropower industry and the possibility of Chinese investment.
- Nepal, China to enhance trade relations, economic ties - Mar 26, 2012
- FICCI to open office in Nepal - Dec 04, 2011
- China, India can spur Nepal economy: Chinese envoy - Jul 30, 2012
- CII offers to push Nepal's economic development - Apr 06, 2012
- Tibet has leapt from serfdom to socialism: Chinese envoy - Jul 24, 2011
- Nepal Maoists inked secret pact with Chinese NGO - Aug 09, 2011
- India, China must raise trade, investment for stronger ties - Aug 19, 2010
- India-Nepal trade could reach $10 bn by 2017: Envoy - Jul 05, 2012
- UN denies signing controversial Buddha birthplace deal - Aug 19, 2011
- Nepal braces for Dalai Lama's birthday celebrations - Jul 02, 2011
- Nepal Maoists defend disputed Buddha birthplace deal - Aug 10, 2011
- India pushes for bilateral investment protection pact with Nepal - Nov 29, 2010
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- US clears Nepal for investment - Jun 29, 2011
- Four Tibetans held during sombre Dalai Lama birthday in Nepal - Jul 06, 2011
Tags: bilateral business, business ties, businesspeople, china, chinese ambassador, chinese embassy, chinese enterprises, chinese investment, cni, confederation, economic construction, energy development, enhanced communications, hydropower industry, investment activities, negotiations, nepal, nepalese, top businessmen, xinhua