Nepal aims to attract one million tourists in 2011September 28th, 2010 - 6:35 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, Sep 28 (ANI): Nepal has hastened the process to attract more and more tourists in order to attract one million tourists next year for the much awaited Nepal Tourism Year 2011.
According to eKantipur.com, the growing number of hotels, international airlines bookings and rising number of visitors in 2010 are positive indications that the country is likely to receive more tourists than ever.
However, doubts persist among the government authorities and travel trade entrepreneurs as to whether the country would achieve the target of bringing one million tourists at a time when the country is reeling under political uncertainty and the shaky peace process, the paper said.
The ambitious campaign was launched with the hope of attracting at least a million foreign tourists under the public-private- partnership that gives a major boost to the Nepalese economy at a time when the country is facing turmoil, it added.
Minister for Tourism and Civil Aviation Sharat Singh Bhandari is hopeful that the tourism year will give the desired boost to the country’s economy.
“Even if the target is not met, the campaign will be a key driver in establishing Nepal as a prime destination,” Xinhua quoted him, as saying on Monday.
- Nepal kicks off tourism campaign with Richard Gere tips - Oct 07, 2010
- Egypt woos the Indian traveller (With Images) - Feb 11, 2012
- Now, Nepal will allow gays to marry on Mt. Everest - Apr 21, 2010
- Britain targets Chinese in post-Olympic tourism - Aug 15, 2012
- Indonesia expects 1 mn Chinese tourists - Mar 03, 2012
- Indian tourism upbeat despite tight budget (Comment) - Mar 29, 2012
- 'Focus on social media to get more tourists' - Oct 22, 2011
- Nepal civil servants show top performance - on Everest - May 18, 2011
- Nepal civil servants create history - on Everest (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Togo seeks Indian investment in infrastructure, industry - Apr 14, 2011
- Buddha's home Kapilavastu lies in utter neglect - Feb 17, 2011
- Nepal 'to stage gay weddings on Everest' - Jan 20, 2010
- Strike paralyses Nepal ahead of constitution debacle - May 13, 2011
- Nepal to introduce free-visa regime in 2011 to attract more tourists - Jul 26, 2010
- UP to develop districts adjoining Nepal border - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: ambitious campaign, bhandari, civil aviation, doubts, government authorities, international airlines, kathmandu, nepal tourism, nepalese economy, one million, peace process, political uncertainty, prime destination, public private partnership, shaky peace, sharat singh, target, travel trade, turmoil, xinhua