Nawaz involved in corruption: Rehman MalikApril 29th, 2012 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 28 (IANS) Former Pakistan prime minister and chief of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Nawaz Sharif was involved in corruption worth $32 million, Interior Minister Rehman Malik alleged Saturday.
Malik told the press he had proof against Sharif that would be placed before the Supreme Court and the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), and a commission may be formed to investigate the alleged corruption, Dawn News reported.
He said he would display the evidence against Sharif in parliament as well.
Sharif was twice elected prime minister, and served two non-consecutive terms — the first from Nov 1, 1990 to July 18, 1993 and the second from Feb 17, 1997 to Oct 12, 1999. His second term came to an abrupt end following a coup by army chief Gen. Pervez Musharraf.
- Pakistan arrests PML-N leader - Sep 01, 2010
- Nawaz Sharif begins fresh term as party chief - Jul 28, 2011
- PML-N parts ways with PPP in Pakistan's Punjab - Feb 25, 2011
- Pakistan braces for anti-government protests - Apr 30, 2012
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Lahore High Court dismisses plea challenging Nawaz Sharif's electoral eligibility - Feb 17, 2010
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- Ijaz seeks more time to appear before commission (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Nawaz sees conspiracies in Pakistan apex court's defiance - Mar 25, 2012
- Nawaz Sharif to challenge Pakistani Kashmir voters list - Jun 28, 2011
- Pakistan's ex-brigadier ready to testify against Musharraf - Oct 09, 2010
- Zardari 'will respect' parliament probe in memo scandal - Jan 07, 2012
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- Gilani has no option but to write letter: Nawaz - Feb 11, 2012
- 'Tamed' NAB not pursuing corruption cases against Zardari as well as Sharifs - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,