Nawaz accuses Muttahida Qaumi Movement of killings in KarachiDecember 27th, 2010 - 1:49 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Dec 27(ANI): Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has accused the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) of killing innocent people in Karachi.
“Is it a revolution that MQM leader Imran Farooq is murdered in London and dozens of people are killed in Karachi in its reaction?” the Daily Times quoted Nawaz, as saying.
Farooq was stabbed to death in September during a knife attack near his home in Edgware, London.
The 50-year-old was one of the founding members of the MQM- the fourth largest party in Pakistan, and part of the ruling coalition government.
Sharif further said that he would bring about a revolution to pull the country out of its present state of instability.
“Those political parties who are talking about bringing a revolution in the country are the same ones who have been serving dictatorship for the last 11 years,” the PML-N chief said.
“The dictators always toppled the public-elected governments… some hanged public leaders, others ousted them. Musharraf exiled me, but today he is sitting in exile,” he added. (ANI)
- PML-N, MQM tear each other apart with no-holds barred remarks - Dec 30, 2010
- PPP, MQM, ANP criticise Pak Punjab CM over Sindh proposal - Apr 25, 2011
- PML-N, MQM form alliance against Pakistan government - Jul 06, 2011
- PML-N sees end of PPP-led Pak Govt - Jan 03, 2011
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- PML-N hints at legal action against MQM members for "bad-mouthing" its leadership - Jan 02, 2011
- Pakistan's opposition walks out of National Assembly over oil price hike - Mar 01, 2011
- MQM chief murdered in London was about to join Musharraf's party - Sep 27, 2010
- Musharraf blames Nawaz Sharif for bloodbath in Karachi - Jan 17, 2011
- MQM leader Imran Farooq murdered outside his London home - Sep 17, 2010
- Pakistan denies report of MQM leader's killers' arrest - Nov 14, 2011
- Zardari seeks unity of allies before US visit - Jan 13, 2011
- Weapons used in Pakistani leader's murder found - Oct 01, 2010
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- PML-N, MQM exchange barbs in Pak National Assembly - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: 11 years, coalition government, dictators, dictatorship, dozens, edgware, exile, farooq, governments, killings, knife attack, lahore, mqm, muttahida qaumi movement, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pml n, political parties, public leaders