NATO tanker destroyed in bomb explosion in Khyber, supply suspendedJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 5:35 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Jan 3(ANI): A NATO oil tanker was destroyed completely in a bomb explosion in Pakistan’s Khyber Agency, however, no casualties have been reported.
According to security authorities, the oil tanker was heading towards Torkham border from Peshawar via Pak-Afghan border highway on Monday morning.
The explosion took place at Ali Masjid area of Jamrud district in Khyber Agency, the Dawn reports.
Following the blast, the Pak-Afghan border highway was blocked completely with a massive traffic pile-up, resulting in NATO supply suspension.
Meanwhile, security forces started a search operation after surrounding the area.
Supplies for NATO troops in Afghanistan are sent through Chaman and Torkham road networks in Pakistan. (ANI)
- 2 NATO tankers destroyed by militants in Pakistan - Dec 20, 2010
- Eight NATO tankers destroyed in Pakistan blast - Jun 08, 2011
- NATO oil tanker blown up in Pakistan - Apr 19, 2010
- Pakistan has permanently stopped NATO supply: Minister - Nov 28, 2011
- NATO oil tankers attacked in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2011
- Militants torch fleet of NATO supply tankers in Peshawar - Nov 20, 2010
- Two NATO oil tankers destroyed in bomb explosion in Pak's Khyber region - Mar 04, 2011
- Pak to reopen Torkham route for NATO convoys following US, ISAF apology - Oct 09, 2010
- NATO vehicles caused Rs.150 bn damage to Pakistan highways - Dec 29, 2011
- NATO tanker blast kills 15 in Pakistan - May 21, 2011
- One killed in NATO tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 03, 2011
- NATO oil tankers destroyed by militants in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2010
- NATO jets, drone violate Pakistan's airspace again - Feb 16, 2011
- Taliban destroy over 50 NATO vehicles in Pakistan - Oct 07, 2010
- First NATO container crosses Pakistan-Afghan border - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,