NATO aircraft violate Pak airspace yet again despite repeated assurances to contraryOctober 19th, 2010 - 5:37 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Oct 19 (ANI): Despite assuring Pakistan of stopping further intrusions into its territory, NATO’s aircraft once again breached the country’s airspace today morning over its border town of Torkham, local media reported.
According to a news channel citing paramilitary sources at certain checkpoints in the border area, NATO warplanes and gunship helicopters entered up to 15 kilometers inside Pakistani airspace, English.news.cn reported.
The aircraft flew up to Wali Khel, Sultan Khel and Ayub Kala areas, and took an aerial view of the trucks carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan, eyewitnesses said.
However, official sources have not confirmed the incident so far.
Meanwhile, hundreds of NATO oil tankers and container trucks stand clogged in the
Af-Pak border area, as the supply is moving at a snail’s pace, the website said.
NATO supplies are very much vulnerable to terrorist attacks in Pakistan, as almost 150 of their trucks in different areas have been destroyed in various incidents of subversion during the past few weeks. (ANI)
- NATO helicopters violate Pak airspace yet again despite formal apology - Nov 03, 2010
- No NATO aircraft violated Pakistan's airspace: US embassy - Nov 04, 2010
- NATO fighter jets violate Pak airspace over Khyber agency - Sep 13, 2009
- Pakistan blocks NATO supply to Afghanistan after airstrikes (Lead) - Sep 30, 2010
- Thousands protest Pakistan's reopening of NATO supply route - Jul 17, 2012
- Fresh US drone strike kills 4 suspected terrorists in Pak tribal region - Oct 02, 2010
- Pak parliamentarians concerned about airspace violations by NATO - Nov 04, 2010
- Pak to reopen NATO convoy blockage at Af-Pak border after security improves: Haqqani - Oct 02, 2010
- NATO supplies resume through reopened Pak-Afghan border - Oct 11, 2010
- NATO supply resumes from Pakistan's border (Lead) - Oct 10, 2010
- NATO choppers violate Pakistan airspace - Oct 13, 2010
- NATO oil tankers destroyed by militants in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2010
- Pak blocks NATO supply trucks at Af-Pak border in retaliation against air strikes? - Sep 30, 2010
- Pakistani lawmakers condemn NATO airspace violation - Oct 17, 2011
- Two NATO oil tankers destroyed in bomb explosion in Pak's Khyber region - Mar 04, 2011
Tags: aerial view, ayub, border area, border town, checkpoints, container trucks, english news, eyewitnesses, gunship, intrusions, kala, local media, nato aircraft, nato forces in afghanistan, nato warplanes, oil tankers, pak border, pakistani airspace, snail, sultan khel