Narayana Murthy appointed Lankan Presidents IT advisorFebruary 14th, 2009 - 7:42 pm ICT by ANI
Colombo, Feb 14, (ANI): Sri Lankan Government has appointed the founder of IT major Infosys, Narayana Murthy, as the international advisor to President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Sri Lankan Foreign Secretary Palitha Kohona described this step as a bid to increase investments into the Information Technology sector in Sri Lanka.
N. R. Narayana Murthy was appointed as the international adviser to the Sri Lankan President and he has accepted it, he said.
Rajapaksa had invited former Infosys chief at the Presidential Secretariat on Friday as the chief guest to the ceremonial launch of 2009-Year of English and Information Technology.
He stated that the recent success of Indian IT sector has highly inspired Sri Lanka.
It is for this reason that we have turned to India in addition to other countries for technical support to strengthen our own endeavours. We are honoured by the presence of Narayana Murthy, Rajapaksa said. (ANI)
- Infosys' Murthy pulls back as IT advisor to Sri Lanka president - Feb 18, 2009
- Narayana Murthy appointed Rajapaksa's IT advisor - Feb 13, 2009
- Pakistan, Sri Lanka to increase trade to over $2 bn - Feb 11, 2012
- Sri Lankan president orders security for Nasheed's wife - Feb 11, 2012
- Ramesh to review India-aided projects in Sri Lanka - Jul 12, 2012
- Patil, Rajapaksa to watch World Cup final in Mumbai - Mar 31, 2011
- Patil, Rajapaksa to watch World Cup final in Mumbai (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Karunanidhi asks Colombo to respect bilateral accord on fishermen - Feb 01, 2011
- Mentor our IT groups, Bengal urges Narayana Murthy - Jul 05, 2011
- Rajapaksa visits Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Will get Sri Lankan Tamils their rights: Jayalalithaa - Aug 11, 2011
- India supports Sri Lankan reconciliation, to stay engaged - Jun 29, 2012
- Krishna heads to Sri Lanka, devolution tops agenda - Jan 15, 2012
- Patil, Rajapaksa to watch World Cup final in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Curtail visits by Sri Lankan dignitaries: Jayalalithaa - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: adviser, chief guest, colombo, endeavours, feb 14, information technology sector, infosys chief, investments, launch, mahinda rajapaksa, n r narayana murthy, narayana murthy, palitha kohona, president mahinda rajapaksa, presidential secretariat, presidents, secretariat, sri lanka, sri lankan government, sri lankan president