Muslim League always used for bringing about undemocratic change in Pak: JUI ChiefOctober 3rd, 2010 - 4:40 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Oct 3 (ANI): Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman, the Chief of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam party, has stated that Muslim League is always used for the purpose of generating an undemocratic change in the country.
“Muslim League has a nose of wax that can be turned in any direction,” The News quoted Rehman, as saying in a press conference, after a meeting of his party’s Central Executive Committee.
The JUI chief pointed out that whenever an undemocratic change was to be brought about in the country, Muslim League was put into play.
A retired general could never be a true representative of the people, he claimed, adding that the present government had spurned the strategy devised by former military ruler Pervez Musharraf for war against terrorism.
“We do not accept America as our strategic partner,” Rehman declared. (ANI)
- Cracks widen in Pakistan's ruling coalition, key ally quits - Dec 21, 2010
- UN report on Benazir's murder incomplete: Pak minister - May 03, 2010
- Independent Election Commission sought in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
- JUI-F chief offered to mediate between US, Taliban during 2007 India visit: WikiLeaks - Apr 01, 2011
- JUI-F dissatisfied with security provided to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 03, 2011
- JUI-F chief Fazl 'shocked' at 'friend' Burney's terror-allegiance' allegations - Nov 24, 2010
- PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race - Jun 22, 2012
- PML-Q offers help to JUI-F in ousting Balochistan government - Dec 21, 2010
- Another setback for Pakistan government as MQM parts ways (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- Musharraf's policies have placed Pak on a 'volcano of explosives': JUI chief - Jan 19, 2010
- CIA, provincial govt blamed for Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 31, 2011
- JUI-F chief Fazl-ur Rehman escapes second suicide bomb attack in two days - Mar 31, 2011
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- JUI-F slams Pak Govt for non-provision of enhanced security to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: central executive committee, islam, islamabad, jamiat, military ruler, muslim league, pervez musharraf, present government, retired general, s central, strategic partner, true representative, ulema, ur, war against terrorism