Musharraf’s version of Akbar Bugti’s murder is a ‘white lie’ : Talal BugtiJune 9th, 2009 - 1:02 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, June 9 (ANI): Slain Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti’s son, Talal Bugti, has rebuked former Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf’s claims that Akbar Bugti was not killed in a military operation.Terming Musharraf’s claims as a’white lie’, Bugti said the former President had himself congratulated security personnel in Bhurban for killing his father.
He said he would soon meet the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif to devise a strategy for registering case against Musharraf.
“I had submitted an application for lodging an FIR on Nawab Akbar Bugti’s murder against Musharraf in the City Police Station Quetta, but the police has not responded to it,” The Nation quoted Bugti, as saying.
He also blamed the present Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) regime of following former dictator Musharraf’s policies, and charged that security officials were not supporting him.
“Police say that the FIR could be lodged in the vicinity where the incident had occurred, but we even do not know the exact location where my father was murdered,” Bugti said.
Earlier, Musharraf had said that Bugti’s death was an accident, and he was not killed by the security forces.
“During the operation, our three army officers and other jawans found Bugti in a cave and they had requested him to lay down arms and at the same time the cave collapsed and he was killed along with our officers,” Musharraf had said.
Musharraf said the government was compelled to initiate a military offensive in Balochistan as extremism was taking dangerous proportions in the region, he added that four hundred rockets were fired at Sui plant in a day and in such condition it had no option but to launch military operation in Balochistan. (ANI)
- Pakistan's ex-brigadier ready to testify against Musharraf - Oct 09, 2010
- Nawaz sees conspiracies in Pakistan apex court's defiance - Mar 25, 2012
- SC petition filed for 'red warrants' against Musharraf in Bugti case - Jun 22, 2010
- Baloch leader announces Rs.1 bn to kill Musharraf (Lead, Correcting figure) - Oct 10, 2010
- Baloch leader announces Rs.1 bn to kill Musharraf - Oct 10, 2010
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
- Musharraf was involved in my father's murder, says Talal Akbar Bugti - Sep 26, 2010
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- No repentance over Bugti killing, Lal Masjid operation: Musharraf - Nov 08, 2010
- Pakistan to tap Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Feb 25, 2012
- Akbar Bugti's son files petition for murder case against Musharraf - Aug 26, 2009
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Musharraf, Aziz booked for murder in Bugti assassination case - Oct 14, 2009
- India responsible for unrest in Balochistan: Musharraf - Nov 26, 2010
- Musharraf aide seeks FIR against Bugti over 'billion rupee bounty on his head' bid - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: army officers, baloch, balochistan, bhurban, dangerous proportions, exact location, general pervez musharraf, military operation, nawab akbar bugti, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pakistan peoples party, pervez musharraf, pml n, president general pervez musharraf, quetta, security officials, talal bugti, white lie