Musharraf will be arrested by Pak Govt. for killing Akbar Bugti: TalalDecember 22nd, 2008 - 12:29 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec 22 (ANI): Pakistans Interior Adviser Rehman Malik has promised that the government will arrest former president Pervez Musharraf for killing Baloch chieftain Nawab Akbar Bugti.
Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP) chief Talal Bugti after meeting President Asif Ali Zardari said on Sunday that the government would frame a case against Musharraf for killing both Akbar Bugti and Benazir Bhutto.
The former president is also responsible for the killings during the Lal Masjid operation and the May 12 riots in Karachi, he added.
Talal, who is Akbar Bugtis son, said his party had lodged an FIR with the police against Musharraf for killing his father, but added that a case had not been registered so far.
I will talk to Rehman Malik again after two days, The Daily Times quoted him, as saying.
The JWP chief said that his party was not satisfied with the governments measures for peace in Balochistan.
He said the government had not stopped the military operation in the province, and had intensified it in the last three days.
A parliamentary committee formed to address the grievances of the people of Balochistan was a joke, he said.
Talal said his party would not accept settlers as locals. Only the people of Balochistan have the right over the provinces resources. We will never accept settlers as locals, he said.
The JWP gave out a charter of the demands it had made from the president, which included stopping the military operation in Balochistan and setting up an independent commission to probe the killing of Akbar Bugti and his 66 companions.
The party also called for closing down offices of intelligence agencies in Sui and Dera Bugti and converting the two towns into B areas. (ANI)
- Pakistan's ex-brigadier ready to testify against Musharraf - Oct 09, 2010
- SC petition filed for 'red warrants' against Musharraf in Bugti case - Jun 22, 2010
- Musharraf was involved in my father's murder, says Talal Akbar Bugti - Sep 26, 2010
- Talal Bugti announces bounty on Musharraf's head - Oct 10, 2010
- Musharraf plotted Benazir's assassination: Talal Bugti - Apr 09, 2010
- Now, a declaration 'justifying' killing Musharraf for his unpardonable crimes - Oct 24, 2010
- Baloch leaders blast Pak Govt's special package as mere 'jugglery of words' - Nov 25, 2009
- Baloch leader announces Rs.1 bn to kill Musharraf (Lead, Correcting figure) - Oct 10, 2010
- Baloch leader announces Rs.1 bn to kill Musharraf - Oct 10, 2010
- Musharraf aide seeks FIR against Bugti over 'billion rupee bounty on his head' bid - Oct 26, 2010
- Baloch leaders demand Musharraf's trial for Bugti's assassination - Dec 08, 2009
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Musharraf will be killed by Pak religious organizations one day: Talat Bugti - Dec 21, 2008
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: balochistan, benazir bhutto, chieftain, dera bugti, fir, former president, grievances, independent commission, intelligence agencies, killings, lal masjid operation, malik, military operation, pak govt, parliamentary committee, pervez musharraf, president pervez musharraf, riots in karachi, talal bugti, zardari