Musharraf to ‘return to Pakistan and face court cases’ as soon as party “gains ground”January 26th, 2011 - 6:44 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan 26(ANI): Former Pakistan President and All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) chief Pervez Musharraf has reiterated that he will “definitely” return to the country and face the lawsuits against him.
“I would definitely go to Pakistan. Right now I am heading my own political party and soon as it gains ground I would return and face the court cases”, The Nation quoted Musharraf, as saying in an interview with Arabian language newspaper Al-Sharq AlAusat.
The retired general said he had left Pakistan as he was facing life threats and also because of politically motivated judges there, adding that he feared baseless cases would be filed against him on his return.
Talking about drone attacks in Pakistan, Musharraf said he had never given a go-ahead to the United States to launch drone strikes in the country’s tribal areas.
“One can see that in my tenure only nine drone attacks occurred while in this govt tenure 150 drone attacks have occurred”, he added.
The former military ruler also said that his enemies blamed him for the current economic woes in Pakistan, but even a blind man could judge the difference between the statistics of today’s economy and that of during his tenure, and could then decide who was responsible for the present economic crisis in the country. (ANI)
- Foreign secret agents freely roaming in Pakistan: Musharraf - Mar 25, 2011
- Musharraf says his party is prepared for early Pak polls - Jan 04, 2011
- Musharraf to return between Jan 27 and 30 - Jan 09, 2012
- 'Scared' Musharraf dumps plan to return to Pakistan - Apr 10, 2011
- Musharraf to hold public meet via video Sunday - Apr 16, 2011
- Leadership change essential for Pakistan's survival: Musharraf - Apr 18, 2011
- Musharraf's new party receiving 'overwhelming' response, claims aide - Sep 18, 2010
- Al Qaeda providing free electricity in Yemen - May 03, 2012
- Nobody can stop Musharraf's return to Pakistan: APML - Apr 19, 2011
- Musharraf seeks Pak-Americans' support for political comeback - Nov 01, 2010
- Musharraf will not be invited to join PML alliance: PML Secretary General - Oct 04, 2010
- Musharraf's party's 'people-friendly' manifesto to bring positive change in Pak: Tahir - Apr 30, 2011
- Musharraf can't claim constitutional immunity in Benazir assassination case: Pak jurists - Feb 16, 2011
- Musharraf's political party formally launches recruitment drive in Pak - Jun 09, 2010
- Musharraf reiterates he'll return to Pakistan before elections - Apr 16, 2011
Tags: al sharq, apml, arabian language, blind man, court cases, drone, economic crisis, economic woes, economy, enemies, face court, gains ground, lawsuits, military ruler, pakistan muslim league, pervez musharraf, retired general, strikes, tenure, tribal areas