Musharraf to return to Pak to join unified Muslim League, not for presidency: Pir PagaraSeptember 23rd, 2010 - 1:51 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Sep 23 (ANI): PML-F Chairman Pir Pagara has stated that former military ruler Pervez Musharraf would return to Pakistan not for becoming the country’s president, but to join the unified Muslim League.
Pagara made this statement while talking to media persons, after meeting a delegation of Musharraf-led All-Pakistan Muslim League (APML) leaders, who had called upon him at the Kingri House, the Daily Times reported.
He also said that Musharraf was not being elected as the president of the unified Muslim League, though the party’s general council could elect anybody from the members of the unified party as the president.
The delegation members included former federal minister Chaudhry Shahbaz, former federal law minister Sher Afgan Niazi, presidential spokesperson Rashid Qureshi, Barrister Muhammad Ali Saif and others.
Their meeting with Pagaro was in continuation of the meetings in recent days, when leaders belonging to different factions of the Muslim League are attempting to unify all Muslim League groups.
Earlier, Musharraf had confirmed in an interview that he was forming a new political party in the wake of plans to return to politics in the nation, and would be standing for a seat in the next parliament, hoping to become either prime minister or president. (ANI)
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010
- "Patriotic" Pak Army needs no invitation for intervening in politics: PML-F - Sep 17, 2010
- What's in a name? Ask Musharraf and Pir Pagara! - Sep 21, 2010
- Benazir murder probe 'futile' exercise as culprits hold powerful positions: Pir Pagara - Dec 25, 2010
- APML issues charge sheet against Nawaz over corruption, misappropriation of power - Nov 12, 2010
- Pakistan facing civil war-like situation: Musharraf - Dec 11, 2009
- Musharraf planning political comeback within next two to four months - Dec 05, 2009
- Musharraf expected to announce return to Pak in September - Aug 02, 2010
- Pir Pagara asks Gilani to 'quit honourably' as PPP loses majority - Jan 03, 2011
- Musharraf aide seeks FIR against Bugti over 'billion rupee bounty on his head' bid - Oct 26, 2010
- Musharraf won't come to Pakistan this year: Report - Aug 16, 2010
- Musharraf involved in Benazir Bhutto's assassination, claims Zardari's dad - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Serious risks' force Musharraf to postpone return to Pakistan - Aug 16, 2010
- Musharraf's new party receiving 'overwhelming' response, claims aide - Sep 18, 2010
- I will contest next general elections, says 'Facebook favourite' Musharraf - May 08, 2010
Tags: apml, barrister, continuation, delegation members, factions, federal minister, karachi, law minister, media persons, military ruler, muhammad ali, pakistan muslim league, pervez musharraf, pir pagara, pml, qureshi, rashid, saif, sher, spokesperson