Musharraf says Obama’s AFPAK policy incomplete without IndiaApril 12th, 2009 - 1:09 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Apr.12 (ANI): Former Pakistan President General (retired) Pervez Musharraf has said that the US President Barack Obama’s revamped AFPAK policy is incomplete without India, and a solution to the Kashmir issue.
Replying to queries following his lecture at the Shanghai Institute for International Studies here, Musharrraf said nothing was new in Obama’s policy, and it was a continuation of US’s older strategies for the region.
Some heavy lobbying from the Indian-American community forced Obama to exclude India from the policy, Musharraf said.
Musharraf emphasised on the need for closer global cooperation to defeat extremism. He also urged the Chinese leadership to play a more proactive role in the issue, The Nation reported.
Musharraf is on a visit to China to deliver a series of lectures in major cities of the country focusing on the relationship between Pakistan-China. (ANI)
- Musharraf reiterates he'll return to Pakistan before elections - Apr 16, 2011
- US hails Indian diaspora's role in strengthening ties - Oct 11, 2011
- Surprised that Osama in Abbottabad: Musharraf - May 02, 2011
- China cornerstone of Pakistan's foreign policy: Gilani - Jan 17, 2012
- Nobel peace prize to Obama draws huge criticism from Pakistanis - Oct 10, 2009
- Musharraf's meeting with American officials 'unofficial', says US State Department - Oct 25, 2009
- Musharraf disappointed over Obama skipping Pakistan - Nov 06, 2010
- Pakistan honours Chinese general - Nov 24, 2011
- Zardari visits Shanghai Expo - Jul 10, 2010
- Surprised that Osama was in Abbottabad: Musharraf (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Time to reflect on Pakistan's jihad enterprise: daily - May 12, 2011
- Yes, I was embarrassed: Musharraf on Osama in Pakistan - May 07, 2011
- Ties with major powers to help India tackle China: Saran (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Musharraf 'disappointed' that Obama won't visit Pak on sidelines of India trip - Nov 06, 2010
- Pakistan Navy launches warship - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: barack obama, beijing, china, chinese leadership, continuation, emphasised, global cooperation, India, indian american community, kashmir, kashmir issue, major cities, pakistan, pervez musharraf, president general, proactive role, queries, relationship, shanghai institute