Musharraf donates Rs.10 million to aid Pak flood victimsAugust 9th, 2010 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Aug 9(ANI): Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has donated ten million rupees towards the flood relief efforts in the country.
The All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) chief coordinator, Chaudhry Shahbaz Hussain, said that Musharraf announced the donation following the mass devastation caused by the floods, The Daily Times reports.
Hussain also accused the federal and provincial governments of having failed to provide enough relief to the affected people, and said that millions of people were still in urgent need of food, shelter and medical supplies.
Over 1,600 people have been killed and 15 million affected as raging floodwaters continue to wreak havoc in the country.
In addition to causing major human loses, it has destroyed hundreds of thousands of homes, washed away crops and livestock.
Relief and rescue work has been hit badly by continuous rains, particularly in the north western region.
The United Nations says that Pakistan will need billions of dollars to recover from the deluge, which is being described as the worst in the last 80 years. (ANI)
- Qureshi thanks India for five million dollar flood relief package - Aug 19, 2010
- Pak 'considering' India's five million dollar aid offer for flood victims - Aug 14, 2010
- Pak will overcome flood crisis: Clinton - Aug 13, 2010
- Mass evacuation in Pak Punjab as authorities issue red alert on floods - Aug 10, 2010
- Pak officials warn of another massive flood in Punjab, Sindh - Aug 12, 2010
- Pak to decide on India's five million dollar aid offer after gauging world response - Aug 16, 2010
- 'Fake' flood relief camp magically appears during Gilani's Balochistan visit - Aug 13, 2010
- Pak flood disaster could open doors for Taliban resurgence: Officials - Aug 10, 2010
- Imran backs flood relief efforts by 'terror outfits' in garb of Pak Islamic charities - Aug 23, 2010
- Manmohan Singh calls Pak PM, offers assistance for flood relief - Aug 19, 2010
- Fight against terror to go waste if 'banned outfits' not smashed for good: Editorial - Aug 23, 2010
- Zardari's decision to leave 'flood-hit' Pak for overseas visit will backfire - Aug 09, 2010
- UN chief appeals for aid as flood crisis worsens in Pak - Aug 15, 2010
- Pak needs 'billions of dollars' to recover from flood disaster: UN - Aug 09, 2010
- Zardari slams foreign trip criticism, says he 'acted to mobilise the world' - Aug 12, 2010
Tags: 10 million, billions of dollars, chief coordinator, crops, deluge, flood relief efforts, flood victims, floods, food shelter, havoc, hundreds of thousands, hussain, mass devastation, medical supplies, pakistan muslim league, pakistan president pervez musharraf, pervez musharraf, president pervez musharraf, provincial governments, rupees