Musharraf, Aziz booked for murder in Bugti assassination caseOctober 14th, 2009 - 12:20 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Oct.14 (ANI): Following the Balochistan High Court’s order, the Dera Bugti police has registered a case against former Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf in connection with Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti’s assassination.
Former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Sherpao, and former Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Yousuf have also been booked in the case.
Earlier, the Balochistan High Court had directed the concerned authorities to register a case against Musharraf, Aziz and other leaders.
It may be noted that slain Baloch leader’s son, Jamil Akbar Bugti had filed a petition in the Sibbi District and Sessions Court seeking a court order to register a case against Musharraf and other senior officials in connection with his father’s death.
Jamil Bugti, in his petition, accused Musharraf and his associates of murdering Awami Jamhori Party (AJP) leader Akbar Bugti.
The petition stated that a case should be registered against Musharraf, former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, former Interior Minister Aftab Sherpao and several others.
Musharraf has already denied allegations of being involved in the Baloch leader’s murder.
Musharraf said Bugti’s death was an accident, and he was not killed by the security forces.
“During the operation, our three army officers and other jawans found Bugti in a cave and they had requested him to lay down arms and at the same time the cave collapsed and he was killed along with our officers,” Musharraf had said. (ANI)
- Its raining court cases for beleaguered General Musharraf - Oct 19, 2009
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
- Baloch court orders Musharraf to be booked for Bugti's murder - Oct 07, 2009
- Akbar Bugti's son files petition for murder case against Musharraf - Aug 26, 2009
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Book Musharraf over my father's death: Baloch leader's son - Sep 08, 2009
- SC petition filed for 'red warrants' against Musharraf in Bugti case - Jun 22, 2010
- Nawaz sees conspiracies in Pakistan apex court's defiance - Mar 25, 2012
- Bugti son's petition against Musharraf rejected - Sep 05, 2009
- Pakistan to tap Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Feb 25, 2012
- Pakistani court orders murder case opened against Musharraf - Oct 07, 2009
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Red Warrants against Musharraf, Aziz only after court orders: Malik - Oct 08, 2009
- Musharraf booked for Baloch leader Bugti's murder - Oct 14, 2009
- Musharraf was involved in my father's murder, says Talal Akbar Bugti - Sep 26, 2010
Tags: akbar bugti, allegations, army officers, authorities, chief minister, dera bugti, former prime minister, general pervez musharraf, interior minister, jamil, pakistan, pervez musharraf, petition, president general pervez musharraf, security forces, senior officials, sessions court, shaukat aziz, yousuf